14~ Arlong

14~ Arlong

Mira

It was a glorious day! The sun was shining, the breeze calming, and the ship moved smoothly across the ocean. My tail was twitching as I watched the flying fish jump out of the water next to the boat. I opened my mouth and little cat-like chirps escaped my throat. Oh, how I wanted one so bad... I chirped again. A fish jumped up and I swear it stuck its tongue out at me!

I swiped for it, but missed. "Na Na!" It seemed to taunt. I just grumbled and watched the other fish. They were laughing at me! I hissed, gripped the railing hard in one hand and swooped over the side, catching an unsuspecting fish in my claws. I placed it in my mouth so I could climb back up.

"The weather is so great!" Luffy cried out as I got back into the boat. I mumbled my agreement and bit into my fish. "Hey! Mira~! No fair!"

I looked up at him, fish skin hanging from my mouth. "What?"

"No fair! Sanji! Make us food!" He called over to Sanji.

"You just ate!"

"Food!"

"You'll get something in a bit." He snapped. He glanced over at me and sighed. "Mira-chan..."

"Uh..." I quickly looked away from him toward Yosaku. He didn't seem to well.

"Hey, Yosaku!" Luffy called to him. "We're close to where Nami is, right?"

He slammed a hand down on his leg and thrust a finger at Luffy. "You guys're soft minded!" Eh? "Too soft minded! Don't you get it?! Minute by minute, we're heading right for the infamous Arlong! Back at the restaurant, when we threw our completed Wanted Posters toward the Marines, Nami bent down and stared at the Wanted Poster for Arlong. Big Sis' eyes were glued to it when she saw it. She wasn't her normal self!"

He clutched at his knees. "Big Sis Nami plans to take down Arlong and collect his 20 million berry bounty! She may already be inside his compound as we speak!"

Luffy yawned, seeming to be ignoring his story. "Well, let's have some food now."

"Yeah," Sanji stood. Yosaku freaked.

"Don't worry about getting me food, Sanji." I leaned back. "I already ate."

"Yes, Mira-san!"

Yosaku stood. "Don't tell me you guys have never heard of Arlong!"

"Arlong?" Sanji questioned. "Who's that?"

"Never heard of him." Luffy said bluntly.

Yosaku's head was very jerky as he turned to face me. "Big Sis Mira..."

I shrugged. "Sorry. This is the longest I've been off my island, so I don't know the people of the vast waters."

Yosaku seemed defeated. I quickly covered my ears when a high whistle rang out. "Gah! I'm gonna go deaf!"

"Alright! Listen up!" Determination filled his expression. "I'll just have to fill you in about everything!" He closed his eyes and began pacing. "Arlong is a fishman who used to rampage throughout the Grande Line."

"Fishman?" Sanji questioned.

"A fishman, huh?" Luffy seemed slightly intruiged. "I haven't met one yet."

"A fishman..." I began to imagine a platter of a fish acting like a man. It was steaming hot and had mounds of butter on it. "Mmm... Sounds tasty!"

Sanji sat down and hearts appeared in his eyes along with little heart-shaped clouds coming from his lit cigarette. "Say, I hear the mermaid on Fishman Island in the Grande Line are absolutely beautiful!"