16~ Saving Nami

16~ Saving Nami

No one's POV

Upon returning to the cottage, Kira dreaded what her home would be like. She wondered if Josten had destroyed the place in his fit of rage. She had been serious about telling their daughter, Mira, though. She has to know at some point what's going on. She can't stumble around in the big world on her own without any guidance.

Kira kept the cloaking ward up as she stepped through it and headed for the cottage. She was beyond shocked to see the place still standing without any broken windows or splintered wood. Cautiously, she pushed the door open, knowing that Shifters are prone to fly into a blind rage at the sight of the one who made them angry in the first place.

The smell of warm cocoa greeted her chilled nose and she opened the door a little farther. Once she stepped in and shut the door behind her, she was amazed to see the cottage neat and spotless, completely different than all the other times she had left Josten to calm down.

"You were right..." Kira turned and saw Josten standing in the arch way leading to their small kitchen. "After you had left, I realized that I wouldn't know what the future would be like for Mira if we had stayed. I don't know if her life would have been better or worse than it is now... or, I should say, was."

He walked over calmly and coolly to Kira and handed her a cup of cocoa and took a sip from his. "I had destroyed a few pieces of furniture, but I got them fixed, so there's no reason to move again. We'll stay here until Mira finds us."

Just then, there was a furious fist pounding on the door. "Josten Hojosen! I know you're in there! Open up now or face justice!"

Kira's face paled at the voice. "Josten, don't fight him again..."

Josten took Kira's cup and ushered her into her safe, hidden room. "No promises..." He closed and locked the door behind her, knowing that there was another door in there in case she needed to run. He knew she would be safe.

Josten opened the door and was greeted by the one person he absolutely hated on this island. He'd been hiding with Kira for so long, he hoped this one would never find them. Boy, was he mistaken.

"Josten," The mammoth of a person said as he leaned against the door frame. "I just had this feeling that you had survived when I saw your wife not too long ago."

Josten growled at the intruder. "Get out of my home, Wapol."

Wapol raised his hands in the air and smirked. "I'm not in your home, Josten. And, for the record, this is my island, so this is actually my home. I'm free to go where I want. Ooh! Cocoa!" Wapol snatched both cups of cocoa and shoved them both in his iron maw, crunching them up into tiny pieces while still keeping the cocoa in his mouth.

Josten tried his hardest to keep his own cocoa he managed to drink down.

"Now," Wapol finished swallowing. "The reason I'm here. I haven't seen your 'Mira' anywhere. Does she even exist?"

Josten ground his teeth. "Don't cross me, Wapol."

"You said she'd kill me when she found out I killed you." He snickered. "But, it seems your death didn't bring her here, since you're still alive. Do you think she'd come faster if I ate you?" Josten stood his ground. "Or maybe... if I ate your wife?"

Josten gave an animalistic growl, feeling his canines sharpen. "You will do nothing of the sort as long as I'm standing here." ~Kira, get out of here. Find a new place in another village on this island. Transport your vials one at a time to not draw attention to them.~ He told her through their mind link.