19~ Aftermath

19~ Aftermath

Mira

Of all my years of being on that damn island, not once did I recieve praise for doing something right. Not once was I even acknowledged for doing anything other than a slight slip-up. No one really cared for me. I didn't matter to them. I was something they could push around.

But today, I feel alive. An entire village was celebrating the fall of Arlong Park, and Luffy and I were in the middle of it. We were the center of attention. Several of the island's strongest men were tossing us in the air and catching us, only to toss us back up. They were cheering our names and smiling from ear to ear.

I've never been so happy in my life...

One of the men accidentally missed Luffy as he came back down again. Luffy fell right on his head, and the cheering stopped momentarily. I was set on my feet just as Luffy started laughing and holding his head.

"This is awesome!" He said around his laughing, and the whole village laughed with him. I couldn't help the huge grin that spread across my face. I love this place.

Nami came up from behind Luffy and stuffed his hat back on his head. He looked up at her and saw her true smile. It wasn't forced like she had to do all those other times. It was a genuine smile. Luffy stood and smiled back. They hig-fived and chuckled.

Sanji came up with Gen-san and Nojiko and laughed with us. This truely was a memorable moment. Nothing can ruin it now.

"Hold it right there, you!" I turned and spotted the Marine captain from before. Now that I have a better look at him, he almost resembles a mouse... Mmmmm....mouse...

"What a lucky day this is!" He said. "Well done. I watched the entire fight."

I raised an eyebrow. "From where? I was at every part of Arlong Park at least once."

"That's none of your concern!" He snapped at me. "Anyway, as fluke as it was, I never imagined the fishmen would lose to a bunch of nameless pirates like you. However, thanks to you, all the money I was to give to Arlong and all the money and valuables in Arlong Park now belong to me! Everyone, drop your weapons! I, Colonel Nezumi of Navy Branch #16, hereby take credit for what you have done here!" He suddenly let out a scream as Zoro grabbed him by the back of his shirt.

The other Marines were too stunned to do anything.

"Don't ruin other people's fun when they're finally happy!" Oh, God! That look he has! A sharp shudder ran up my back and I couldn't hide it. Even though it's not aimed at me, it still gives me the chills!

In just a few seconds, Colonel Nezumi was beaten to a pulp and lying on the ground, bleeding from everywhere. Sanji, Luffy, and Usopp took care of the other guys while I stood with the villagers.

"J-just try laying a finger on me!" He grunted. "You'll be sorry..."

"He's still saying it?" Sanji asked in a sigh.

"Too late..." I sighed. "Can I kick his head?"

"Sure," Luffy said.

"Awesome!" I ran up to the Colonel's head and brought my foot back, kicking him so hard his eyes started to roll around in his head. "Oops... Forgot my claws were still out..."

Nami slowly walked up to the defeated colonel and knelt down beside him. "This is for shooting Nojiko," She lightly pressed a hand to his face. "And for tearing up Bellemere-san's tangerine orchard."

"Huh?" but he didn't get to say anything more. Nami stood with blinding speed and cracked her staff across his face, sending him skipping across the water.