26~ The Dragon's Nest

(heyo! so sorry for the suuuuper long wait for the update... senior year of high school claimed most, if not all, of my attention. I wanted to make sure everything was in place and that I had everything ready for when I graduated this past May. thanks for waiting and here's the update.)

26~ The Dragon's Nest

Mira

I fought to keep my balance as one right after another, cannon balls were shot at us. I gritted my teeth and adjusted at each struck, hoping and praying I wouldn't fall off. The going Merry swerved and swayed as we tried to avoid each and every ball shot at us.

"Are we gonna go or what?!" I shouted above the explosions.

"We need to get close enough to where we can get to one of the ships!" Nami cried back as she gripped the railing for dear life. "If we go now, there is a very high chance we'll be blasted out of the water!"

Apis suddenly cried out. "Apis, get inside! It's dangerous out here!" Usopp urged.

I turned and saw her standing from having fallen on the ground. "I can't leave Grandpa Ryu alone!" She insisted.

"Hey, wait!" He ran after her and I faced forward again. How can Luffy have such perfect balance sitting on the very front of the ship?!

Usopp suddenly cried out and fell back to the main part of the ship. "We've been hit from behind!" He cried out.

"You'll live!" I called back to him as the ship suddenly rocked and rolled violently.

"Sanji, we've been hit from behind!" He ran over to him, holding the back of his head. "We're done for! We're sunk!" He began bawling as he ran about the deck.

"Pipe down!" Sanji snapped. "We ain't been hit!"

"Eh?" He stopped running and turned to see Sanji casually sitting against the railing. "Seriously?"

"Yeah..." He rolled his eyes.

Usopp let out a sigh of relief. "I'm saved! Now, who the hell thought of this plan, anyway!" He shouted to us from where he stood and I rolled my eyes and slowly shook my head.

"It was you..." Zoro said accusingly.

Usopp twitched.

"That's it!" I looked back to Luffy. "Go!" He let out a laugh to show he was obviously having fun. Another cannon shot, another movement to avoid it, another time for me to adjust my footing. I stumbled a bit right into Zoro and he caught me.

"Thanks..." I stood and dusted myself. "Can't wait to see some action..." An idea suddenly dawned on me. "What if I suddenly froze time to help us get on there?"

"Hey!" Luffy suddenly cried out. "A ball's coming this way!" I whipped my head around to see the small but deadly black object coming right for us.

"I can't keep doing everything on this end!" I heard Nami shout. "Do something on your end!"

"Okay!" He jumped up from his perch and ran along the railing. "I've got it!" He swelled up into his balloon attack and when it hit him, it went right back to the ship that shot it and snapped its center mast.

"Nice shot." I complimented. I looked back out to the Marine ships surrounding us and spotted one way in the back. "Zoro, hold me." I leaped over the railing towards the main deck.

"Mira!" His hands gripped my ankles.

I plucked Usopp's goggles right off his head. "What the-?!"

I winked. "Thanks. Pull me up!" Zoro got me back onto the main deck and I rushed over to get as close to the edge as possible.

"What the hell were you thinking?!" Zoro shouted from beside me. "You could have gotten seriously hurt!"