42~The City of Green

42~ The City of Green

Mira

After we said a few more rounds of cheers, we dispersed to do our own things. Sanji promised tea and snacks and headed for the kitchen. I decided to go on a scavenger hunt for Herman. I haven't seen my little buddy for a while. I need to tell him what's been going on so far.

I first checked the kitchen, since that seems to be his favorite place. I searched high and low for him, softly calling out his name once in a while. I stood in the pantry after a while of looking. No luck.

"You doing okay, Mira?" Sanji asked as he rolled a rice ball.

"I can't find Herman," I placed my hands on my hips. If I was a smart hermit crab, where would I be?

"Herman? Oh, the hermit crab. I think I saw him leave the kitchen when I entered."

"Thanks, Sanji." I waved to him and headed out. I first checked my room, then the others. Nothing. Slowly, I made my way upstairs, making sure I checked every possible hiding spot.

"Where the hell is he?" I scratched my head. "He couldn't have gotten far. He's just a small crab with every possible place to be..." I hung my head. He could be anywhere.

I opened a door and found Vivi over a map. "Hey, have you seen Herman anywhere?"

She looked up. "Hm? No, can't say I have."

I sighed. "Okay, thanks anyway." And so my search continues.

After another half hour of searching the ship, Sanji called me for tea. Reluctantly, I headed up. I tapped the side of my cup in thought, while Luffy and Usopp played with their food.

"Look! It's me! Captain Rice Ball Usopp!" Usopp had his pinky finger sticking through one of the rice balls. "Oh? And who are you?" He made the rice ball walk up to an even bigger one.

"I'm a riceman!" Luffy held up a snowman made of rice. Why did Sanji let him have so much rice?

Oh, never mind. Both of them just got whacked with frying pans by an irritated Sanji. "Quit playing with your food! If you've got time to play around, go wash dishes!" Ace chuckled beside me as he watched it all play out. "I've got to finish making our meals before we cross the river!"

"Need a hand?" Ace asked as he started to get up.

Sanji was soon all smiles. "No, no. You are a guest on board. Just sit back and relax."

"Alright," He sat back down and shook his head. He looked over to me a bit. "You okay?"

"I can't find Herman," I mumbled as i swirled my tea.

"Herman?" He looked up in thought. "I don't remember Luffy mentioning a Herman in his crew. Who is he?"

"Our mascot," I set my cup aside. "He's an Island hermit crab."

"Oh, those are hard to come by," He sipped his tea. "Where did you pick him up from?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. We think we picked him up from either Usopp's or Nami's home island. He was just there one day when we were doing some cleaning. So, I named him and he became my best buddy. Now I can't find him."

"Those guys are supposed to be loyal to their person." He scratched his chin. "He couldn't have gone far."

"What the- stupid crab!" My head snapped up. "You're gonna freeze in there! How the hell did you even get inside?!"

"Herman!" I leaped up from my seat and rushed to the freezer. "What're you doing in there?! You scared me! I thought you were gone!" He shivered in my hands and saluted me.