44~ Pirates of the Desert

Mira

Well, we lost them. The girls took off and they got out of sight. We had to continue on without them and hope we were going the right way. It looks like we could be going the right way, but the dancing lines on the sand above us might be tricking us.

"So hooot..." Luffy groaned from behind. "I need water..."

"This heat is too much for me..." Chopper panted. "Thanks again for doing this, Zoro."

"Don't act polite," He grunted as we started up another tall sand dune, Sanji in the lead. "It's stifling out here."

"I can get off," I offered.

"No, stay on for now." He held my legs tighter with his other hand. "I don't mind."

"Nami-san!" Sanji called out for her. "How far did you go?! This side of you is wonderful, too." I thunked my head on Zoro's shoulder.

"He's such an idiot..."

"Tell me about it," Zoro whispered back.

"What's the matter, Luffy?" Usopp suddenly asked. I turned around a bit to see Luffy had stopped. I patted Zoro's head to get his attention.

"Tsunami!" He cried out and threw his hands in the air.

"What?" Usopp tilted his head at our captain.

"A tsunami is coming!"

"What's going on, Luffy?" Zoro asked.

Usopp sighed. "Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all?"

Chopper sat up a bit as our captain continued to scream about a tsunami and running in circles. "What wasn't a good idea?"

"I told him not to," Usopp shook his head. "But he said he was so thirsty, he couldn't stand it. So, he chomped down on some cactus back there."

"Cactus?! I forgot to warn him! Is what Vivi would have said." I sighed and leaned more into Zoro. "I never got that list from her... Cactus was probably on it."

"It was those round things. Over there." Usopp pointed to some half eaten green plants laying on the ground.

"Those are bad!" Chopper jumped to his feet. "Those are mezcal cacti! They're used to make hallucination drugs!"

"Boom. Called it."

"Now's not the time for that, Mira!"

I gave a half shrug. "But I was right. Just another thing we didn't get warned about. Now our captain is high."

"AAAHHH!! Oh no! We're all gonna drown!" Luffy pointed in a direction and just kept screaming. "Alright! Bring it on, if you dare! I'll beat all of you up!" His eyes changed as he grabbed Chopper's sled and started swinging it. Chopper squeaked and hid backwards behind Zoro's leg.

My eyes widened as he seemed to go ballistic and smash the sled. We all took a step back as my fingers dug into Zoro's shoulders. "He's gone mad! Someone restrain him! Usopp!"

"I'm not going in there!" He shrieked.

"This is bad!" Zoro's hands hovered over his swords.

"GOMU-GOMU no..."

"Sanji, Usopp! Take three steps to your right! Zoro, Chopper, four steps to the-"

"Tranquilizer!" Chopper exclaimed happily as he held up a large syringe.

"Where were you keeping that?!"

My question got ignored. "Way to go, Chopper!" Sanji gave him a thumbs up.