33~ Strange Fruit

33~ Strange Fruit

Mira

I awoke with a yawn and stretched. It felt so good to have a wonderful night's sleep. After  everything went down on that cactus island, it felt nice to finally relax. Zoro and I really kicked ass.

I stopped mid stretch, my mind wandering. Those two... the girl in the lemon dress and that weird guy with exploding boogers... they were something else. I'd never come across people like them before. Lemon girl was able to change her weight at any given moment. She's someone to watch out for in the future.

The guy with the boogers was just plain nasty. I could hardly focus when I saw him digging for  gold. You'd think his nose would be picked clean with how much he digs around in there. Then again, he probably keeps it nasty in there just for the explosions.

I wonder how powerful he'd be if he had a cold and a runny nose?

.......ew.

I lowered my arms, my mind wandering over to Miss All Sunday. What did she really want from us? Why try and give us a "safer" course to Alabasta? I didn't believe her, since she's our enemy. No doubt the whole thing would have been a set-up and we would have landed on their head quarters.

It would have all been for nothing.

I shook my head to clear it from that thought and smiled. None of that matters at this moment. What does matter is helping Vivi get back to her kingdom, Alabasta. Who would have thought she'd actually be the princess who volunteered to infiltrate such a large organization? She's pretty brave and bad-ass.  I'm totally ready to help her save her kingdom.

I quickly got out of bed and dressed for the day in shorts and a tank top. I clipped my hat to  my belt loop so it would be easy to slip it on if I need it. After a quick comb through my hair, I grabbed my bag and headed up top to join the rest of the crew. What adventures await us today?

"I said that's not for you!" A voice suddenly shouted as I reached the top deck. "Wait your turn!"

"But Sanji, I'm hungry now!" I should have known those two would be at it so early in the morning. "Food, Sanji! Food!"

"Mira isn't even up  yet!" Sanji snapped. "She is to eat first! Her, Nami, and Vivi get top  priority! Ah, Mira, you're up!" I easily dodged him and headed for the  kitchen.

"Sanji, be nice and let him eat," I said as I walked up the stairs. "I can guard my own food."

"Yes, Mira!" He called out as I opened the kitchen door. I found a plate and dished up some breakfast for myself. I sat beside Nami as she stared at the log pose.

"Something up with the pose?" I asked as I took a bite.

She sighed. "It just suddenly changed direction from the other day. I think it might have found another island."

"I've never heard of it doing that," Vivi stated as she stared at it. Karoo, her duck, squawked  in agreement. "It usually already has a set course, no matter what. It's not supposed to suddenly change directions! It's so weird..."

"You're telling me..." Nami muttered as she shook the log pose. It went right back to where it was previously pointing. It was slightly different than where it was  pointing just the other day. The Grande Line is a strange place...

The door opened and the three of us glanced up. Zoro stood in the doorway. "There's land ahead."

"Let me see!" Nami got  to her feet and rushed out of the kitchen. I left my food for Luffy and  followed her out, Vivi on my heels.