Chapter Twenty-Five

It’s been a week since I got out of the hospital. People around me expect me to go back to normal but I can’t, even though I try to, I just can’t. Ryan will come back for me and when he does I honestly hope he kills me. I can’t live like this anymore.

My door stays locked, the boys leave food at my door but I never eat it, and all I do is sit on my bed. I haven’t slept since we left the hospital either, and if I do im haunted by nightmares.

I re-read Hazels note over and over again. I keep telling myself she’s not dead and I think it’s working. I just wish I could have had the chance to get to know her better.

Right now I was once again crying on my bed with my knees up to my chest.

I heard the doorbell ring and knew it was probably more paps wanting to get a picture of me or an interview. But I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and a light knock on my door. “Nath open up” Jay said softly “Someone is here to see you.”

I didn’t move. Knowing the boys it was probably a doctor.

I heard whispers and then heard footsteps going back down the stairs. Another light knock “Nathan its Joel.” I heard him say.

I looked towards the door and quickly got up. I wiped away my tears and let him in but closed the door behind us.

He looked at me and sighed “Nathan you look horrible.”

I nodded and wiped away the rest of my tears. He nodded and took something out of his pocket, “I was told to give this to you.” He handed me a blue envelope.

“Nathan I don’t know what’s going on but this.. this game he has going on. It’s not over.” He said.

I nodded and looked down at the envelope. I looked at him “Thanks… for everything.”

He nodded and squeezed my shoulder a little. He pulled me into a hug and whispered in my ear “He’s watching you Nathan. He’s watching you and your friends. Be careful.”

He pulled away and before I could respond, he left.

I locked my door. I looked down at the letter and opened it. It had four pieces of paper. One white that said ‘directions’ on it, one green with the number one on it, one red with the number two on it, and one purple with the number three on it. Then the last thing in their was a picture.

I slid down the wall and cried because of this picture.

The picture was of Hazel holding the newspaper from this morning.

She was alive.

How?! How could she still be alive! Did it matter? Shes alive I don’t care how!

I opened the first letter that said “Instructions” and read it.

If you want the girl back the follow the directions on each letter going in order. If you don’t do what each letter instructs you too then you can forget seeing Hazel again. If you don’t complete the task in the next three months then Hazel will die. If you tell anyone she will die and then your friends and then you. Good Luck

-Ryan

I don’t care what is on those letters. I just want Hazel safe.