{8}

Chapter Eight

Casper realised he knew the insides of his evil friend's mind all too well but still managed to find himself bending to her every whim.

He knew that she would bring him here, he bloody knew it. Where else do they go on a Saturday if not someone's house? Ever since they were old enough Casper and the gang had went to the only club in the city where they could fit in. Meaning almost everyone that went there had at least three piercings, their hair was not the colour they were born with, their wardrobe consisted of the colour black and ran out of eyeliner every other week.

Over the few years they had went, The Fishbowl had became one of the most consistent of hang outs and the one with the most memories- in fact, Casper and Darla had met here and Hedgehog and Daisy had shared their first kiss plus it had meshed them into the people they were today; whether that be a good or bad thing Casper couldn't be sure.

So Darla bringing him here wasn't the problem, it was why she had brought him here.

It wasn't a secret that practically everyone that went to the Fishbowl either was totally gay or was straight but wouldn't mind a quicky with the same sex now and again, it's just that Darla knew the difference. Casper guessed it was like another trend, you see your friends and everyone else around you do it too- he would be lying if the choice of his hair colour was all to do with him. Even so, it meant that any guy in the club was a possible candidate for Darla's "fool- proof" plan of Casper's apparent gay crisis.

Casper saw it coming and still he did nothing. He only had himself to blame.

Now he had to stand around and pretended to scour the sea of people, trying not to look like he was actually checking out people while Darla did all the work of pointing out boys. How did she even know this many people never mind their sexuality?

"Who even said that I wanted to get with a guy?" Casper grumbled into his hand. Honestly, no one mentioned this ever. Ever. Not to mention he had to wear this stupid tight shirt which kept annoyingly riding up his stomach and was making him all stuffy.

"Casper Dearie," she started, mildly exasperated."I know you better than you know yourself."

Casper stared at her, his face incredulous. "Right."

"Oh!"Darla would exclaim after a few minutes of scanning the darkened room."There's Gary Patterson. What about him? He may not look like much but wait till you get him in bed." She would laugh and wink and Casper would sigh and shake his head. This continued on for most of the night until Darla started to get sick of Casper rejecting everyone she put forward. "I'm just going to go piss. I'm bursting."

"Lovely Darla." Casper replied, scrunching up his nose in mild disgust as she stood and walked to the other end of the room where the restrooms were. Seriously why couldn't she be like other girls and keep certain things to a minimum?

Casper sat alone and awkward, shaking his fringe a little, self conscious that it was sitting weird. He watched as people danced on the wooden square in the middle of the hall and laughed as the voice changed in the song to scream the chorus and the instruments started going a little crazy which in turn made those dancing start to thrash wildly and others automatically stood out of the way until there was only a few left of them flinging their arms about and beating their heads with the music.

Casper didn't really understand mosh pits, but then he didn't really like the idea of getting physically hurt in the first place. He didn't like fights, didn't like violence much either. Even fights between other people made his stomach clench; one time he was even sick when he heard the crack of a boys jaw. He wasn't a violent person; he cried more than lifting his fists. The only time his "warrior streak" seemed to appear was when James riled him up... weird how one person could complete change you in the matter of seconds.