{14}

Chapter Fourteen

On Monday in school, Casper and James were beginning to freak their friends out.

They arrived together, sitting down at their usual table without a hint of bitterness or aggression in their tone as they talked back and forth, not once insulting or cursing to one another at all. They both smiled openly, hardly even acknowledging their friends as they talked and laughed. Logan stared at them with wide, confused eyes, glancing at Hedgehog uncertainly which she returned. Daisy just sat back, grinning into her water bottle.

The last time they had seen them both together they had been shouting at other - not the usual delusional hate they put up, nor the sexual tension that seemed to float around them whenever they were together in the same proximity, but serious full blown anger and actual tension. But now they were both teasing each other, heavily filled with sexual innuendoes and snorting and giggling like a couple of drunks at everything one said and they were always touching each other in some way whether it was their elbows or the quick brush of fingertips on another's skin.

Even in the classrooms they couldn't at least try and stay away from each other: always stealing glances, texting each other under the table although they were only one away from each other. There was one point James got up to sharpen his pencil and when walking back he subtly traced his finger slowly up Casper's bare arm making him shiver, they both grinned at each other as the class was oblivious.

Or so they thought, Daisy grinned from the back of the English class at the two. Obviously everything worked out with them two and she was glad. For so long had they been fighting and for two people that had so much history together not getting along for almost their whole lives. She was happy for them.

In music they were both 'practicing' on the keyboard. Casper was trying to learn the start of 'I Dreamed a Dream' when James kept pushing the high chords on the keyboard every five notes, throwing him off. Casper shoved him and glared playfully each time.

But then he kept doing it and Casper snapped.

"Do it again and I'll fucking kill you." Casper warned with his headphones still on.

James, who was mid-way to the high 'G', smirked and pressed it anyway because he was an actual bastard.

Casper punched him the stomach and James buckled over in his seat with a huff. Casper turned to go back to playing when he heard James make a quick recovery as he started to laugh then all but leaped over Casper and pressed wildly and relentlessly of any key he could, raking his fingers up and down Casper's keyboard in a sad attempt of retribution. Casper cried out as the racket and noise pierced through his headphones which ended up being ripped out of their socket making the noise catch the attention of a few classmates as Casper struggled to get him off; he thumped James' arm to stop, tried to shove him away but the two ended up in hysterical laughter until there was an endless noise of chords as the both shook into one another, leaning on the keyboard for support. At this point the whole class had turned to look at them, their teacher screeched at them to stop the racket and acting like idiots and get back to work.

The two of them reluctantly got off one another and turned to go back to their keyboard work but not without quiet sniggers and snorts as the hysterics continued, a coughing fit was then ensued by Casper as he tried to cover up a sudden burst of laughter which then got James going.

Hedgehog had observed the whole thing from the beginning; her face morphed into a rare emotion of disgust as she watched the two idiots she called friends. They were sickening.

That day at lunch she leaned into Daisy and inhaled her sweet flowery scent as if in recovery. Daisy held no complaints as she patted her girlfriend's head- any other person had done so they would have lost a hand- and casually continued to eat her ham sandwich.