22: Night under the stars

Nathan-

I looked around and saw Lyra outside. Not only was she outside but she was under the waterfall with her back turned to me. I could see she was still wearing her black bra but the rest I wasn't so sure of. Pure lust filled me and I had to swallow hard.

I pulled the deer over to the tree to string up while Lyra paid me no mind. I started listening to her singing, grinning like an idiot. I wished a girl like her could be mine.

"You make me smile
You make me sing
You make me feel good everything
You bring me up
When I've been down
This only happens when you're around

And I can't go on this way...
With it stronger every day...
But being too shy to say
That I really love you... " she sang melodiously.

I almost dropped the rope and let the deer smash into the ground after just standing there, listening to her song. Baine pranced around, waiting for nibbles.

"I wanna fly
Away with you
Until there's nothing more for us to do
I wanna be
More than a friend
Until the end of an endless end," she ran her fingers through her hair and swayed her hips to her own music.

"And I can't go on this way...
With it stronger every day...
But being too shy to say
That I really love you...

And I can't go on this way...
Feelin' it stronger every day...
But being too shy to say
That I really love youuuuuuu."

At the end of her song, Baine lifted his head and sang with her. He howled so loud beside me, that Lyra turned around to laugh at him.

"Baine you silly- Ahh! Nathan! What the hell!?" She screeched and dropped up to her neck in water.

"Thanks a lot," I narrowed my eyes at Baine.

"I've got lunch. Relax, it's like you're in a bikini anyway," I offered with a grin.

"Yeah I can see that. Nice buck," she smiled.

"He showed up right at the last moment. How are you feeling?" I tied the rope around the tree and flicked out my knife.

"Way better. I just needed to get out of that cave. Did some laundry," she pointed to our clothes strung up between two trees to dry.

"Isn't the water cold? What if you get sick again?"

Lyra rolled her eyes, "I haven't had a shower for days and I really hate stinking. Today's probably one of the last warm days there will be."

"Fair enough," I nodded and started to cut the fur away from the deer.

"Need any help?" She called.

"No no, I'm good. Just enjoy your shower," I chuckled.

She just shrugged and swam back underneath the waterfall. Baine bounced from the shore and back to me.

An evil idea popped into my head. I chopped off a hoof and waved it at him, "Want it boy?"

His tongue lolled out of the side of his mouth and his eyes followed the treat.

"Go get it!" I yelled and chucked it into the water a few feet from Lyra.

Baine darted after it, launching into the water next to Lyra, who squealed in shock.

"Nathan! I'm going to get you back for that!" She shouted.