67: Last day of you

Alexandra-

There was a banging on the door and I rushed to open it. Richard stood lazily before me, "Couldn't this wait? I was...occupied."

I took note of his messy hair and made a face of disgust. Whatever, that's not my concern.

"We have a big problem," I hissed and grabbed his arm to yank him inside.

"Where's David?" He asked, kicking off his shoes.

"Gone, he left yesterday morning," I said, dragging my brother into the living room.

"He left? Why? Didn't you guys patch things up?" He sat down on the couch, looking up at me lazily.

"Why? I'll tell you why. Lyra's alive," I laughed nervously, humorless.

"That's not possible. Are you okay?" Richard looked at me like I was a mental patient.

"It is possible. She called him! It was definitely her. She's alive and he's bringing her home. What are we going to do? This-this wasn't part of the plan! This changes everything!" I cried, becoming more and more hysterical than I was last night.

"She called him?"

"Yes!"

"It was probably a sick joke. Seriously though, do you have a fever?" He set an elbow on his knee and rested his head on his hand.

"I don't think it's a joke at all! I think she survived. I think she found someone to take her to Texas-"

"Texas?"

"Yes that's where she is," I gnawed on my thumbnail, spitting the paint out when it chipped off.

"How'd she get there?"

"Don't know. But he's bringing her home. This is going to ruin everything. Do you know how close I was to getting into his account? I can never to to the files in his office because he's always in there!" I snapped, pacing the floor.

"Well, that is a problem," Richard scratched his head and looked at the floor.

"Obviously! Why didn't we just tear the engine out of her stupid plane?!" I cried.

"That's be too suspicious," He managed a little smile.

I looked at him in utter confusion. How is he calm? How is he just sitting there? I have so much adrenalin that my blood pressure is going to make me kill over.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?! How could you joke at a time like this?!" I screeched, unable to contain my anger towards my brother.

"Such language," Richard sighed and sat back. I am going to kill my own brother. I just stood there and looked at him. He shook his head at me, "Sis, we can't loose our heads."

"Well what do you propose we do?" I asked quietly, sitting on the edge of the recliner.

"I'm like you. I've done my waiting. I've put time, money and energy into this. We need to actually get rid of her now. I'm sick of this surviving everything shit," He got up and put on his thinking face.