55: Dirty Dancing

Lyra-

I yawned and sat up, brushing my hair out of my face. Nathan stretched beside me and smiled. I could hear rain pelting the window and knew we weren't doing anything outside today. My stomach rumbled and I reminded myself that I should probably get up and make some breakfast. I was thinking grits and toast today. We would have some fried eggs, but some animal made off with the egg carton.

Slipping out from under the blankets, I searched for my underwear. I found my bra flung on the dresser and tiredly clipped it on.

"Aw and I was having such a good morning," Nathan chuckled from the bed.

I picked up his shirt that hung on the doorknob, throwing it on and smiled, "Sorry not sorry."

I looked around for my underwear and spotted them on the floor. Picking them up, I went to put them on and noticed something.

"Really? Really Nathan?" I huffed, holding up my ripped underwear. They were completely ruined and they used to be one of my favorites.

"Sorry Jay," He grinned, obviously not sorry.

"You are such an animal, these were my favorites," I pouted and dropped them to the floor.

"Only in bed, and I'll buy you new ones. Promise," He got up and I tossed him some shorts.

I scoffed, "You'll rip those off too."

"Probably," He muttered honestly, "But isn't it worth it?"

I thought about the past two mind blowing, toe curling nights and shrugged, "Yeah, pretty much."

After about ten minutes, gentle, didn't apply to either one of us.

He kissed my temple and wandered out of the bedroom, "Knew it!"

"I want grits and toast," I called, getting some non-ruined underwear.

"Okay," He answered.

I rolled my eyes and followed him out. I was walking a little stiffly and Nathan tried not to smile as he noticed. I got down the bowls for grits while he popped the bread into the toaster. I briefly looked out the window, but Baine was nowhere to be seen. I didn't worry much about him though.

"So, when do you think the delivery man will come by?" I asked, pulling some butter out of the fridge. The damn thing was almost empty.

"Uh, I'm not sure. Probably within the next two to three days? I dunno, " Nathan shrugged and handed me the plate with the toast on it.

I opened a drawer and handed him a spoon to stir the grits, "Well, isn't there a designated day he drops by?"

"Not really. You never know when food shipments come into TimberLine and then I'm pretty sure the delivery guy is a lazy asshole. Whatever. It could be tomorrow, the next day, the day after that but no more than four days," He pulled the grits out of the microwave and set them on the counter.

I buttered up the toast and set it aside, pulling the grits over to put some sugar and salt in them.

"Just salt in mine," Nathan said.

"I'm sure the guy can't be that bad," I chuckled, only adding salt to Nathan's bowl.

"Oh he is. I try not to talk much every time he comes by, it's just irritating. I'm paying him and he still thinks it's hard to drive ten minutes up a hill," He sat at a barstool and picked up a piece of toast.

"Guys are so weird," I chuckled, "Well, if he takes that long, why don't we just walk to town? It can't be more than twenty miles."

"Do you really want to suit up and go hiking again?" Nathan looked up at me.