Your blush is most beconing

I was jarred awake by the sound of my apartment door banging against the wall. I jolted up in bed, and I hastily clutched the sheet against my chest upon seeing Keith in the doorway.

His face turned scarlet. "Oh, god. I didn't mean to barge in." He backed out, and before closing the door, said, "Morning, Levi."

He was laying on his stomach, his face buried into my pillow. He had red marks all over his shoulders and back. No wonder Keith blushed. Without bothering to turn over and raise hell with Keith for barging in, he just raised an arm about six inches and waved a bit.

Men!

The door latched shut.

I checked my nails. I needed to cut them again.

I swung my legs out of bed and headed over to the closet.

"I wonder what that was all about?" I asked myself. I began putting on my uniform. I'm pretty sure Levi's was still scattered all over the floor. I know that his shirt was slung over my shower curtain...

He grabbed his pants and shucked them on over his briefs. I glanced at his back. The marks were worse than I thought they were. Some places were scabbed over.

"Levi, does your back hurt?"

He cocked an eyebrow. "No. Why?"

"Well, um, it looks like..." I didn't even bother finishing my sentence. Either way, if I said something, it would come out wrong.

A cat scratched you. Someone took a whip to you. Well, what we did.

"Looks like....?"

I blushed. "It looks like it hurts. My nails must be sharp."

"You generally don't feel pain when you put all your attention into a certain subject. Wear a high neck collar. It'll hide the bruises."

"Bruises?" I asked. I ran into the bathroom and did a glance over. Purple patches dotted the column of my throat and my collarbones. Also, there were faint bruises on the tops of my arms.

Well, things got a bit rough last night....

Levi had come in behind me, and removed his shirt from the shower curtain. It was dry. He pushed his arms through the sleeves. He went back into the other room and grabbed his neckerchief off of the dresser knob.

I went back to the closet and switched my uniform shirt out with a turtleneck. Sure, it would feel uncomfortable, but the turtleneck was a better option than hearing everyone jeering.

If only Keith would keep his mouth shut. He generally seemed like someone who kept to himself, but, people aren't what they seem.

I began fastening the straps on my uniform pants. Really, I wish we had a different uniform. The straps were a waste of time. The upper strap on my right leg felt uncomfortable, and I tucked a finger between the strap and my uniform pants. I slid my finger along the width of the material while straightening my turtleneck, which made me feel like I was choking. The only thing I didn't have a problem with were the boots. They were really fashionable, even on males.

Levi was sitting on the edge of my bed, tugging a boot on. I grabbed my jacket off of the chair as I passed. He looked like a god. Levi walked over to me, and whispered in my ear.

"Keep looking at me like that, princess, and we won't get out of here looking presentable."

Crap. He caught me looking.

I put on a seductive air. I batted my eyes and tucked my bottom lip between my teeth.

"Who said I actually wanted to leave? I've got everything I need all in one room."

"You witch," he growled. " Let's get going."

I turned around to open the door. He groped me from behind.

"Looks like you don't want to leave, either."

"Of course not."

We caught up with Keith down the hall.

"What was this morning all about? Levi asked.

"Commander Erwin has called a meeting for everyone, talking about operation Winter Storm. Which can only mean one thing..."

Levi looked worried. "What's going on Keith?"

A huge grin spread across my face.

"Secret Santa!" Keith and I said together.

The mess hall was buzzing with excitement, and clean for once. I guess that Levi had made a show of threatening a new cadet last week. The poor thing nearly soiled herself.

Erwin stood on a platform. On the platform next to him was a bar stool and a transparent glass bowl filled with strips of paper.

"Alright Cadets!" Erwin made a show of planting his feet shoulder width apart and balling his fists, which rested on his hips.

"As many of us know, we have a Scouting Corps tradition in the winter time called operation Winter Storm, code named Secret Santa."

Whispers flooded the room. Girls giggled, and boys high fived each other.

"All of your names are written on a slip of paper. I will pass these out to you."

When Erwin had gotten to me, he handed me a folded slip.

Please be Hanji, or Mike. I know that I won't get Levi.

I opened the slip.

My eyes bugged when I read the name on the paper.

Holy crow. I actually got Levi. What were the chances?