The Good, the Bad, and the Fugly

Kenny Ackerman drummed his fingertips against the bar. The fall of the Shiganshina district complicated his plans for Levi. He had been forced to retreat to the ratty apartment in which he lived. Of course Barbara had done her best to cheer him up.

"Titans had to go and ruin everything," He mumbled.

"Just figuring that out?" Someone at his side asked, then pulled at his drink.

"I had a plan to....bond with my nephew."

"That sounds nice."

Kenny pulled out a pack of cigarettes from his duster. He tore the foil from the top and tapped the box against the counter, and one slid out from the package. He dug into his pants pocket, and pulled out a matchbook. He stuck the cigarette between his lips and lit the match, and cupped his hands together as he brought the flame to the end of his cigarette. His hands stopped shaking almost immediately.

"What brings you here?" Kenny asked, trying to keep his composure.

"Long day at the market, the usual."

" Yeah, the usual," Kenny agreed.

He grabbed his glass and took a sip. The ice clinked against the side of the glass, and condensation ran down the sides.

"We should have known that the walls weren't gonna keep 'em out forever," the man said. "Word from the surface has it that the scouts have a human/titan shifter in their custody, that is after the captain beat the heck out of him."

Kenny coughed and sputtered, choking on his drink. He set the glass down on the counter.

"Say what?"

"I know, the whole concept of someone turning into a titan is hard to grasp. But people talk, and the story hasn't changed that much. They're calling the titan shifter Humanity's last hope."

Kenny grinned, staring at the bar top while holding his cigarette between his fingers. He picked up the glass and swirled the ice around with a roll of the wrist.

Things should get...interesting.

Okay guys. Sorry this chapter is so short. I needed to do another Kenny chapter. I would like to thank BossLibrarian123 and obsessedwithanime12 for reading and letting me know what they think so far. Big shout out to you two. Also, those reading may realize that this book is  nearing  its end, (this does not mean that the book is ending in the next chapter!) for season two has not been aired yet, but there may be an announcement for a sequel (fingers crossed) once season two is released. I know the Manga is released but I do not want to give anything away for those who have not read yet.