Dungeons and titans

We had relocated to the former scouts headquarters, and Levi, Rivielle, and I passed by the courtyard.  Eren walked alongside us.

"Look, Riv.  Do you see that platform? That's where your daddy and I met."

"You met here!?" Riv asked incredulously.

"We didn't really introduce ourselves until we were called to the mess hall," Levi said.

"You guys are together?" Eren asked.

"Isn't it obvious?" I asked cheerfully, holding Rivielle's hand.

"Yes," Eren said, blushing. His ears were red at the top. "I should have noticed earlier"

"Better you learned that you should be more attentive this way rather than out on the battlefield."

"Man, this place is in shambles," Gunther said.

"Then we have a problem, Don't we? Best get to work," Levi said, scowling. Everyone got the order to clean. Eren was assigned the downstairs portion.

Levi led us to the familiar barracks, and he picked out my old two bedroom apartment. So many memories from this place hit me at once. My cheeks heated up as the images flooded my mind. Levi slipped his arm around me, and chuckled when he saw my flushed face.

Levi looked around the apartment in horror.

"It's not as clean as when we left it."

"You used to live here!?" Rivielle asked, eyes wide.

"Yep, and this is the place where the scouts were located until we had to move."

Levi put a cleaning mask over his mouth and nose after removing his jacket.

"We had better get to work." He pushed up his sleeves and grabbed a feather duster out of the supply closet. He started dusting the shelves, and I grabbed the broom and started sweeping. Riv was helping her father dust the shelves that she could reach. Levi smirked as she did her best to clean.

We set Riv's room up, which consisted of bookshelves, a hope chest, toy box and a bed and her blanket was my old survey Corps afghan. We put all of her stuffed animals on the top of the bookshelf.

Levi went to check on the other cadets' work, and I cuddled up with Riv in her bed and read a book to her. She sounded the words out with me. She was reading quite adeptly for a child her age. She could already write her name, and she had an expanded vocabulary for a four and a half year old. She especially liked learning science with Hanji. Hanji and Rivielle would go out on nights and look for planets and constellations.

Riv yawned, and rubbed her eyes. Her eyes were getting heavy.

"Somebody's getting sleepy," I said, coming back over to Riv.

"No I'm not, momma," Riv said, unable to keep her eyes open.

I made her lay down, and she was already snoring by time I tucked her in and turned off her bedroom light.

Levi, Petra and Eren came in, going over the ground rules concerning his Titan abilities.

"And you will sleep in the basement," Levi said scowling

"But, Sir, again?"

"Do not question your commanding officer!" Petra hissed.

I shushed them.

"I hate to interrupt, but Riv  just went to sleep in the other room, just to let you know. I really don't want  grumpy kid on my hands if  she doesn't get her afternoon nap."

"Sorry," they whispered.

"While we are in dreamland, you are in restraints. That is part of your custody. We don't want you to go Titan mode in the middle of the night." Levi had said this in a low tone. He left, saying that he had to attend to other matters.

"Don't look so disappointed, Eren."

"Huh?"

"The Captain and Lieutenant call you Eren, so that sets the tone for the rest of us. Do you mind me calling you Eren?" Petra said.

"It's not that I'm disappointed, its that Captain Levi seems so determined to follow the higher up's orders."

"You thought he would be a free spirit, huh?"

"He strikes me as the type to do whatever he pleases."

"And there was a point of time that he would have lived up to those expectations. I don't know much, but rumors are that he was a high roller in the Capitol's black markets. People talk, and the story goes that Erwin dragged him into the corps kicking and screaming."

Eren's eyes widened.

"The Captain!?"

"Like I said, I don't know much. If you want to know more, then the person you should ask is Rukia."

"That information is not for me to disclose," I said, crossing my arms over my chest. I smiled. "What are you doing here, Petra?"

"I was dropping by to see how Riv is doing, but being she's asleep and all, that can wait till later."

"That's very sweet of you. I will bring her over once she wakes up, how does that sound?"

"Perfect!" Petra left, Eren and I the only ones in the room.

I sat down on the leather couch, and rested my elbows against my knees. I folded my hands together as I watched Eren.

"If you wish to find out about Levi, then the best person to ask is him."