That was unexpected

Kenny Ackerman lifted a fist to Barbara's apartment door. There were things he needed to get off of his mind, and Barb was a surefire way to forget.

He tapped his knuckles against the wood, and the door swung open.

"Where's your momma?" He demanded.

Seventeen year old Kendra had answered the door, and had an annoyed expression. Her shoulder length blond hair was unkempt. She rolled her grey eyes. Her jaw was clenched. The kid was quite tall for her age. She was nearly as tall as Kenny himself.

"Where else? In another client's bed."

Kenny struggled to keep his cool. He had known this child since Barb had given birth to her nearly eighteen years ago, and he figured that he would train Kendra to fend for herself. By time she was ten, she mastered using firearms and throwing knives, as well as hand to hand combat.

"Just be thankful you're not the one on your back just to survive and raise an ungrateful brat," he hissed.

"Yeah, I'll tell her you stopped by. Bye Kenny," she said as she started closing the door.

He shoved the toe of his boot into the doorway to keep her from closing the door.

"You better not give your momma a hard time, you hear?"

"Crystal clear."

Time skip brought to you by A Fistful of Dollars

Kenny took a drag off the end of his cigarette. His hands were still slightly shaking. He crossed his legs, and rested his elbow on the kitchen table. Women and cigarettes. They were gonna be the death of him yet.

There was a knock on his apartment door.

Sighing, he got up and answered the door.

There stood Kendra with a bag slung over her shoulder. She looked angry. Her hair and clothes were stained crimson.

"What are you doing here, Kendra?" He asked in surprise.

"Mom didn't come back to the house when she said she would, so I went to go look for her. I found her a couple of blocks down, battered and bloody. I tried to slow the bleeding, but it was too late. I have nowhere else to go."

"Aren't you supposed to find your next of kin?"

"You are my next of kin."

"What do you mean? I'm not related to you by blood."

Kendra laughed, a genuinely crazed sound.

"Have you not figured it out after nearly eighteen years? Oh, she must not have told you, Kenny. Are you really that stupid? We are related by blood. You are my father."

Kenny didn't have the heart to turn Levi away all those years ago, and his daughter was no different. Except this time, he had to play the role of father.

"Get in here. Streets still might be dangerous."

Kenny ushered his daughter into the apartment quickly.

Kendra could be an asset for his plans concerning Levi.