surprise

Eren was mucking out the stables, while Oulo kept a not so careful eye over him. He was more interested in his ale mug as he stood outside the door. I kept a constant vigil over them as I leaned against the wall opposite the stables, my arms crossed over my chest. Riv was busy playing with her dolls on the stone steps at my left.

Eren finished scooping up the soiled hay and disposed of it. He walked up to Oulo and said, "I'm finished, sir."

A group of new recruits were passing by, led by Ness. His head wrap was lopsided, showing his bald spot that his horse had made over the years. Eren recognized most of them. His eyes grew wide, and he asked Oulo if he could go talk to his classmates.

"Tch. Whatever, brat." I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. Oulo was making it very obvious that he was trying to act like Levi, but was failing at the attempt to win Petra's heart. I wasn't the jealous type, and I didn't mind that Petra was crushing on my husband. It was impossible not to. I knew that Levi meant what he promised me on the day we got married, and that he was not about to back out on me anytime soon. There were no secrets kept from eachother, and we trusted eachother completely.

Eren ran up to the cadets.

"Mikasa! Armin!What are you doing here? Don't tell me you joined the Survey Corps? Oh, not you guys, too!"

"What other reason why would we be here?" A burly blonde asked. Reiner. I recognized him from that sparring lesson.

"Then that means Annie, Jean, and Marco joined the Military Police." Eren didn't see the long faced male behind him.

"Just Annie joined." The male said.

Eren spun around. "Not you too!"

"Not everyone joined because that little speech of yours, Yeagar."

"Where's Marco?"

Pain flashed across Jean's face. "Marco is dead." He said flatly.

"D-did you just say that Marco is dead!?"

"Seems not everyone can die a dramatic death. He died where no one knew, no one noticed."

That poor, poor boy, I thought.

Eren began to hyperventilate.

Time skip brought to you by a shipment of new uniforms

Levi, Riv,  and I were all in the living room, and it was getting dark out.

Riv yawned loudly from where she was sitting on the sofa. Levi was sitting in his chair, drinking his usual black tea as he read the newspaper. I was browsing the bookshelf for a new novel. I loved reading.

"There was another MP officer found dead at the underground entrance, Rukia," he said, breaking the silence.

"Was it...?" I didn't even bother finishing the question as I turned to look at him, hand still hovering at the second to top shelf.

"It says here that the investigation has no clear evidence of a struggle. It appears that the soldier died when he fell down a flight of stairs and broke his neck."

"What a way to die," I said.

"Indeed," Levi agreed.

Hey guys. At the top there is a picture. That is what I would want Rukia to look like in case you were wondering. Sorry I couldn't get a picture in earlier. Thanks for reading!