Six

Astrid

I'm super excited at the moment. Hiccup is giving me another chance at deciding what we will be doing for our lesson. Everyone else were not to ecstatic about it though. Okay I went a little crazy with the Hand and Claw combat,but honestly I wanted to see Hiccup battle a dragon,see what tectonics I could pick up off him.

"Okay we'll be on a island,going to one base to the next." I begin to explain.

"Oh okay yeah I can handle that."

"Yeah that doesn't sound too hard."

Everyone seemed okay with that at first until I added"In the dark,with out our dragons."

"WHAT!"

"Come on!"

Hiccup thinks about it and nods in approval.

"Come on guys think about it you rely on your dragons too much. What are you going to do when you're separated? You need to learn how to protect yourself in the wilderness or you'll never survive out there." Hiccup says.

In his eyes I could tell he had to do something similar in the past. Well he's more experienced then we are.

That Night

We arrived to a island that Hiccup picked out for us. He said there weren't many dragons so we didn't have to worry about being attack too much. We land on a beach where a cave lay hidden against a cliff.

"Okay whose going to stay behind? "Hiccup asks.

"It should be me!" Volunteered Tuffnut. Hiccup didn't object to the idea.

"Alright!Roar raw roar raw raw roar!" We all look at him with questioning looks. He was kneeling at Toothless' level mimicking supposedly dragon noises.

Toothless gives him a emotionless look. He then looks at his brother and grunts and snorts. Hiccup sighs before responding in his native tongue. We all watched in amazement, its interesting to hear a human actual talking like a large reptile and understand. Wonder if he can teach me.

"Don't argue Toothless. I'll be fine, aren't I always?" Toothless snorts." Just go with Tuff so we get this started."

The dragon huffed and stood on all fours and waited to depart. Hiccup had an annoyed look identical with his brothers. Their siblings alright.

"Okay,everybody ready?" We all nodded." Lets go."

.......................................................
Hiccup (Night)

I sigh as I journeyed through the dark forest. Toothless didn't want to stay with Tuffnut,it's not like he doesn't like him,its just he doesn't like to be treated like a hatchling. Which is understandable, no dragon wants to be babyed past the young age.

Walking through the woods brought back old memories. Not too good nor too bad. Each time I would journey through a sea of trees something is bound to jump at me. Adjusting my claws I listen and smell for anything that would be a threat.

Further I go in the dark forest, I could feel an uneasy chill run down my spine. Something wasn't right,this island is supposed to be crawling with fire-breathing reptiles but I can't pick up the strong scent of any. The only thing I could pick was...decay.

The smell of death lingers in the air.

Blood.

Decay.

...Dagur...

"Ah I'm so happy you could make it...Night Rider." The familiar, annoying voice, echoes through the forest.

Letting out my claws I turn to see Dagur coming out from the trees. I gagged at the unbearable smell of blood and grim that embedded I'm his clothes and skin.

"From the moment that the infamous Night Fury appeared in the arena, I saw it. A connection between you both. "He laughs like a drunkard. "I was right the whole time when I heard about Stoick the Vast's son returning, and the Night Rider nowhere to be seen. That got me thinking. It was obvious that you Hiccup Haddack are Night Rider."

Well give this guy a medal. "So, what now? You know my true identity, so what are you going to do about it?"

A wide grin reaches to his ears. "At first I wanted to kill you, but with the ability you carry, we'd be invincible!" He hugs me against him, he gestures towards the sky.

"Picture it,me the chief of the most powerful tribe of the archipelago, you the Prince of the Beasts. No one would dare go against such amazing power!"

I could see the wild excitement filled in his eyes. He was practically drooling at the thought of control of the both man and dragons.

"So what do you say, will you join me, brother?" I holds out a hand.

I stare at it, before reaching for it.

"Sure,why not? "I grin back.