Thirteen

Hiccup

After the meeting with my father, Astrid drags me out the Great Hall and into the forest. The whole way there I was shaking both physically and mentally. I mean who wouldn't after what they've done to the one they promised to protect and never lay a claw on them? But what ever it is she wants to discuss with me, she has the right.

We come to the cove, the place that held both relaxing memories and now terrifying.

She continued to hold my hand once we stood in the spit where I almost violated her. Astrid is silent for the longest time which was scaring me.

"Astri-" Slap!

But before I could say a word I felt a stinging sensation across my cheek, which I shouldn't be so surprised. But what does shock me the most is that Astrid pulls me into a kiss, a passionate one at that. When we broke apart I saw no tears but a smile ,a forgiving smile.

My legs give way as I wrap my arms around her waist. Tears sting my eyes while pulling her down with me to the grassy floor. She smoothes out my hair in a gentle motion.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I repeat over in whimpers.

"I know,shhh,it's okay. I understand, you only did it to protect me."

"How is that called protecting? I could've physically and mentally harmed you! A mate is to never harm their lover!"

I was shocking so badly, my breaths labored. The images of that night replayed in my head reminding me of each terrified expression placed on my mate's face. I don't deserve such a beautiful, strong ,fire-spirited,caring mate such as she. I shouldn't have a mate at all.

I was then pulled out of my negative thoughts when I felt soft lips against mine.

"I forgive you Night. You don't need to beat yourself around this,I know why you did it. I love you." She whispers kissing my tears away.

I hug her in a gentle embrace afraid that I'd break her. She forgives me. She still love's me.
.
.
.
I really don't deserve such a mate like you ,Astrid.
........................................................
???

It's cold.

Its dark.

Mother? I call out through the darkness of the cave I lay in,only to receive no response.

Mother!

Again silence.

I noise picks up a strange yet familiar scent. Humans, above me.

Brother? I look over to my siblings who presently hatched right after me. They too not understanding what was going on.

Humans. They did this to us. I growled enraged. We need to find mother. Abd the only way to find her is up.

I lead the way through the tunnels not waiting more to find our mother, no matter what it takes!