Girl Meets Father.

Emily's POV

Maya, Riley and I are watching a girl put on makeup.

"Look at that ninth-grade woman! She's putting on makeup. We're going to be ninth-grade women someday!" Riley says to us.

"This thing goes to ninth grade?" Maya asks.

Riley points to Allison. "Why that?"

"Brings out your eyes." I say to her. I've worn makeup before so I know about all of it.

"Why would I wanna take out my eyes?" Riley asks.

"She's not taking out her eyes." Maya says.

Allison takes out an eyelash curler. "And I think she is." Riley says pointing to Allison.

"It's an eyelash curler." I say then Allison continues for me.

"It doesn't even hurt." She holds out the eyelash curler.

Riley takes the eyelash curler and examines it. "I have eyelashes."

"Watch this" I say to Maya and Allison.

Riley clamps the curler on her eyelashes. "Ahhhhh!" She starts overreacting.

"Anybody else would stop." Maya says.

Riley clamps the curler on her eyelashes again. "Ahhhhh!"

Mr. Matthews walks up. "Open it."

Riley opens the eyelash curler. "Thanks, Daddy."

"Yeah, okay." He says and leaves.

"Yeah, okay." Riley says and hands back the eyelash curler to Allison.

"Ladies." Farkle says walking up to us.

"Farkle." The three of us say in unison.

"School dance. I'm gonna put you three down for Dance Numbers one through all of them. We will alternate. You and me, me and you. you and me. When you're not dancing with me, you may not dance with anyone else. So you may sit and wait until you dance with me again." He says.

"Yeah, none of this is happening." I say to him.

"Well, may I have one dance with each of you?" He asks.

"Sure." Riley says.

"Ha! That's all I wanted. You just got played by Farkle." He leaves and Lucas walks up.

"Hey guys!"

Riley raises her hand. "Lucas!"

"Hand." I say to her.

"Lucas!" She says louder than before.

"Grown-up voice." Maya says.

Riley walks up to him. "Lucas, hello."

"Hey." He says.

"Hey, yeehaw." I say to him.

"You going to Tick-Tock Shake Your Body Time, cause, you know, it's not a square dance, so, not gonna be a whole lot of do-si-doing." Maya says.

"Well then, I'm sure I'll have no idea what to do and you guys can make fun of me." He says.

Maya and I point at him. "You're not playing this right." We both say.

He puts our hands down. "Oh, well that's certainly not my intention. I'll try harder next time." He says to us.

"We'll break you." We say in unison.

"Well, if that's what makes you guys happy, then. I certainly can't wait for it," he tips imaginary hat. "ma'am's." He says. I glare at him.

We both shudder in annoyance and turn away.