Girl Meets Maya's Mom.

Emily's POV

Maya, Riley, Lucas and I are drawing in art class

Farkle walks in wearing a robe. "Why draw fruit? Let's draw a real work of art. That's right. Check out 48 lbs of nasty." He removes his robe to reveal he's wearing a tank top and tights.

"No!" We say in unison all covering our eyes.

"Well!" Ms. Kossal chuckles. "Looky here. The male... physique." She says.

"Why thank you, art lady." Farkle says.

"Why aren't we drawing Lucas?" Riley asks.

Ms. Kossal looks at Lucas. "Because nobody looks like that." She walks over to Farkle and grabs him by the shoulders. "Get used to this. Get used to this right now. When drawing a "Farkle", start with the eyes."

"I think the eyes should go straight to the gun show." He says and flexes his muscles.

Riley and I look at Maya's work. "Maya, you're supposed to concentrate on the eyes." Riley says.

"See, you know what my problem is? I don't listen. By the way, you're drawing Lucas." Maya says to her. And I nod agreeing.

Riley looks down at her work and smiles at Lucas. "Oh. Well, that's the first time I've ever done that."

I flip Riley's notebook to the next page to reveal a drawing of a bowel of fruit with Lucas' face in every fruit. I raise my eyebrows at the girl.

"Do I need help?" Riley asks us. Maya and I nod at the her.

"All right, I know these are works in progress, but let's see where we are." Ms. Kossal says.

"Maybe we'll become famous artists. We'll go to Paris," she stands up. "drink coffee in outdoor cafes." She mimics drinking coffee. "How do I look?"

Maya vocalizes tunes as she draws Riley. Shows the drawing to Riley and I.

"Fine, make fun of me. I am a serious artist who belongs in Paris." She turns and smiles at Lucas. "Bonjour, Lucas."

Lucas says something in French that translates to "Hello, Riley. Maybe someday you and I will go to Paris together." She doesn't understand what he said.

"Bonjour, Lucas." She says again.

"Oh my gosh." Ms. Kossal says.

Riley smiles widely. "See? I am an artist. I am finally something."

"Maya." Our teacher says.

Riley looks annoyed. "What a life I'm having." She says.

"Maya. My goodness." Ms. Kossal shows Maya's work to the class. "This is brilliant!"

"Farkle is in a bird's nest." Riley says.

"It's a work of surrealism, Riley. It's how this artist's mind views the subject." Ms. Kossal says.

"I'm a bird to you?" He asks her.

"No, you just... need to be protected." Maya says.

"You need to be protected from the things in the world that our out there that's bigger than you." I say

"You both love me." He says to the two of us.

"Leave us alone." Maya says and I chuckled.

"Maya, there's a school exhibit coming up. I want one of your pieces in it." Ms. Kossal says to Maya. "And Emily, your writing can contribute to Maya's art. Write a piece on her art and it can go up with the piece." She says to me.