Girl Meets Flaws.

Emily's POV

We are sitting in class. I feel my phone vibrate. I look down at my lap. Why do they keep texting? Why won't they leave me alone?

"Graduation and awards night is coming up. I am very proud of this class. Several of you will be recognized for your achievements throughout the year." Mr. Matthews says, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Awards are a scam. A girl like me never had a chance Matthews. Never had a chance." Maya says from next to me, standing up. Maya looks at Riley and I. I sigh.

"Alright I'll do it." I say. "But it's ridiculous." I say then Riley and I stand up. "It's a scam, Matthews. She never had a chance." Riley and I both say.

"Maya will be receiving the totally cool award." Mr. Matthews says. Maya sits down as the class claps. I sit back down, fixing the sleeve of my hoodie.

"Maya you just found out you won the totally cool award yet you just sit there?" Riley asks her. Then she realizes. "Oh you're being cool. Why won't you rub off on me?" She asks Maya.

"And our two finalists for the scholar athlete award are Lucas Friar and Billy Ross." Mr. Matthews says.

I zone out of the rest of the conversation and look at my phone. Why don't you just do us all a favor and leave. It's from the person who keeps texting me. I just want them to stop.

I sigh and the bell rings. I look around and see everyone packing up. I notice that Farkle isn't in the room, there is a webcam thing in his spot. I get up and grab my messenger bag. Riley and Maya walks up to Cory's desk. I follow them.

"Yes?" He asks us.

"Everybody's getting an award but me. And Emily. What good is it to have you as my teacher if the fix ain't in?" Riley asks him.

"I'm sorry, Riley." He says.

"Riley you don't need an trophy to make you feel good about yourself." I tell her.

"Yes I do. Sometimes I feel kind of invisible." Riley says. I wish I was invisible to whoever keeps texting me and putting the notes in my locker. It's been happening for about a week or so.

"Sometimes you want to be invisible, Riley." Farkles voice comes from the weird webcam thing. "Believe me."

I frown. My phone buzzes. "Want to be invisible? It's not gonna work. Just because you're a nothing doesn't mean you're invisible." The text says. I swallow back some tears, threatening to fall.

Riley, Lucas, Maya and I are walking down the hall. "I looked in the library and he's not there." Lucas says and Billy walks up.

"Hey guys. I checked the ball field. No Farkle." He says. I roll my eyes.

"You looked on the baseball field for Farkle?" I ask him. "Billy are you even trying?"

He shakes his head. "Not really." He says and walks away. I scoff.

Janitor Harley and Farkle walk out of the janitors closet. "Troubled lad. I now release you to the hands of your caring friends. Cause they have time for this." Janitor Harley says and walks back into the closet and closes the door.

"You wanna tell us what's going on here buddie?" Lucas asks him.

"Are you my buddy?" Faekle asks him.

"What?" Lucas asks, shocked and confused.

"Spill it Farkle." I say.

"Somebody made fun of my turtle necks." He says. I look at him confused.

"Your turtlenecks?" Riley asks.

"Yeah, somebody said they make me weird." He says.

"You are weird." Maya says with a small nod.