Girl Meets New Rooms, Talks, and Shivorski's.

Emily's POV

It's been a couple of days since my dad was arrested, I have been staying in the apartment still but I'm moving in with Maya and her mom. They thought that it would be good to not be in the apartment still and also stay and not go to Foster Care. So Katy adopted me.

Today is the day I move in with Maya and Katy. I'm nervous, of course, I've known that apartment my whole life. Now I'm moving to a different part of the city. At least I'll have Maya and Riley still by my side.

I look at my now empty bedroom. It's weird to see it all empty but I guess this is all for the best. I grab my bag then walk to Riley's apartment. I knock.

"Hey." Riley says when she opens the door and sees me. She let's me in and I see Maya sitting on the couch.

"Hey!" She says, looking over at me.

"Hey!" I say back to my two best friends.

"Are we going now?" Riley asks. We are going to Maya's, well I guess now Maya's and my, house to sleep over.

"Yep." Maya says and we leave.

We get back to her house. Katy pulls me away from the two girls. "I want to show you your new room." She says. I nod slowly.

She walks me down the apartment hallway, and stops at a door, across the hall from Maya's room. She opens it and walks in with me. It's blue. It's beautiful. Maya, I think, drew some designs and stuff on the walls. It has swirls, butterfly's and flowers on the wall. The bed is a twin size, it has a blue blanket, sheets and two pillows. The closet is on the other side of the room, there's a window that looks out to the street.

"You didn't have to do so much." I say to Katy, with tears in my eyes.

"We wanted to." Katy says.

"Thank you." I say to her.

She smiles and says. "All of your clothes are in the closet and dresser. Maya put your boxes over in the corner." She says. I nod. "Okay well I'll be out there if you need anything." She says.

"Okay. Thank you, again, Katy." I say. She nods with a smile and leaves. I walk over to Maya's room. "Thank you Maya."

She smiles and nods. "You're one of my best friends, I do anything for you." She says to me then looks at Riles. "Both of you." She says with a smile.

"So what are we doing first?" I ask them. "Board games?"

They smile. And we start playing some board games: Trouble, Sorry, and more.

The next day, we are at school, in history class. Matthews is talking about... Oh who am I kidding, I have no idea. My mind keeps wondering off. Thinking about my father, what he did to me, if he's ever gonna get out, my court date thing to testify against him. I'm scared but I know I need to. Lucas and Maya also have to be there because they heard it happen. Topanga is my lawyer, her boss let her. I'm scared to see him again. What happens if he doesn't get charged guilty, or doesn't get a long term and comes out soon. What if he escapes and comes back.

"Emily. Emily." I snap out of my daze and see the class looking at me. I look and see Mr. Matthews also looking at me. "Are you okay?" He asks.

"I - uh can I - Can I be excused?" I ask him.

"Of course. Are you sure you're okay?" He asks once more. I nod then stand up and walk out of the room. I walk into the hallway and lean against my locker. I take a deep breath.

"Are you okay?" I voice asks me, scaring me. I let out a small yelp and jump back. I see Farkle standing there. "Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I just wanted to come check on you."