Chapter 2: The place you go to die.

Hannah.

"HANNAH NICOLE!" Grandma screamed from downstairs. I rolled over off my pillow on my floor and snapped my head up with my cheek brushed against the carpet. "GET READY TO LEAVE!" I stretched and cracked my body parts loosely before getting up and going to my bathroom while my eyes adjusted to the open light. 

I emerged from the bathroom and exaimined my handiwork. I couldn't sleep last night, due to the thought of starting my senior year at a whole new school in a whole new state with a whole new group of mean kids. I thrust open my closet door and rummaged around for a pair of white leggings, and my one shoulder, loose fitting, A Day To Remember shirt. I slid it all on and let my loose brown curls fall to my ribs from the messy braid it had stayed in all night. Yawning, I closed the door behind me and dragged my feet back to the bathroom to look for my makeup. It was then that I realized I hadn't unpacked it yet, and I had no clue what box it was in. I groaned and gave up even trying to think of where it was, grabbed my phone, and jogged down the steps. 

"Morning." Jeanette commented, bags under her little grey blue eyes. She was in white shorts and a plain, v-neck purple shirt. Her hair was pulled up into a ponytail and she was munching on some Captain Crunch. Yum!

I nodded back in response and waved to grandma and grandpa, who one was making coffee and the other was fixing up a cinnamon bagle with the works. I sat at the table and waited for room at the counter to make my food, with my face cupped in my hands, making me look tired and pouty. 

"Come on Hannah we don't have all day, remember? You want to come work on your room more, maybe actually set up your bed?" She raised a brow at me and sat at the table while I dragged myself up and shook my head to wake myself. 

"I'm going, I'm going." I grumbled as I went to the counter and made myself my own bagle and milk. I jumped up on the counter, letting my legs swing freely form the marble tops and ate my bagle in sheer delight. 

------------ LEAVING ---------------

"Alright, CAR, CAR, CAR!" Grandma changed her voice to straight commando leader and tried ushering us out of the house to the car. "Let's go, let's go, let's go!" She shoved grandpa in the driver's seat and locked the door behind her after setting the alarm. "Time for school!" She fake smiled and hopped in the car, fan girling her hands around like this was actually something to be happy about. 

-------------- 15 MINS LATER ------------

We pulled into the loop around for for Visitor's Parking at the front of the school and it was sadly my soon to be school first. I sighed and licked my lips in antisipation, but I think I'm really just trying to hold in all my nerves. You can be anyone you want, it's the beginning of another year, and especially at a new school?! You got this! Those words my best friend Ann had always told me where ringing in my head. I tried to take another deep breath before I opened the van door to grandma waiting out there for me with an encouraging smile. "Ready?"

"Nope, but do I have a choice?" I mumbled enough for her to hear as we walked into the intimidating place. It was a lot bigger than my old school and completely indoors. There were three floors instead of two and had a mixture of stairs and elevators to get to where you need to be. I gulped at all the options and probably causes of how I could get lost while we sat in the guidance counslier's office to make up my schedule. 

"Mr. Carlile what are you doing here this time?" The nasal lady from the front dest that I remember giving me the stank eye earlier called overdramtically loud. I turned in my chair while grandma took over with the counslier and looked out the open door for the, "rude boy." I saw nothing but a dart of black hair run behind the desk, making her make a weird noise, and dart out. "Stay out Austin!" She called after him, rising from her desk and shaking a finger to the door.