Chapter 30: All Play No Work.

Hannah.

"How many times am I going to have to unpack and repack this thing?!" I groaned as I flipped open the lid to one of my two suitcases and started taking my things back out to make everything fit.. Or at least TRY, again.

Come on, use your head Hannah. I beat myself up and plopped on the soft carpet with a small, thud, starting to get really aggitated with myself because I seemed to be the only possible person in the world, to have to repack this many times. When did I get so much stuff?! I started refolding my clothes and folding them even thiner, squeezing pieces of clothing into every little crease of my suitcase until it was finally all in there. SCORE FOR HUFFLEPUFF! I smirked at my Harry Potter reference and zipped my bag closed, releaved to have that past me.

 "How's it going in there?" I heard a muffled yell out in the hallway. I crawled over to the door, too lazy to stand, and opened it with a sad attempt.

"Who are you talking to?" I asked as I poked my head from my room and looked down the hall to see Austin coming out with an armful of crap that he no doubt, was going to try and cram into the van, to bring to the bus, just to take up room.

"You of course!" His black hair crooked with his smile from the lefthand corner of the box, making me smile and sit up criss cross, instead of my feeble animal crawl. "Who else?"

"You never know!" I mocked and rested against the doorjamb. "I finished, finally.. But what's all that crap?" I asked, pointing at the tall stack in his arms and watching as he tried to shuffle over to me with it all wobbling in his toothpick arms. "You're not bringing all that are you?"

"Why not?" He scoffed, placing it all down, no doubt breaking half of it by the sound it all made. "We'll have plenty of room on the bus for it all."

"We're starting out the tour in the van though, they said we might not even get a bus this tour, but we might have to wait till the next." My eyes followed his figure as he slinked down to the floor across from me, leaning back against the wall and resting his arms on his knees. "So, how about we go through those and pack a little less?" I offered, hoping and praying he'd come to his senses and say yes.

"I guess." He shrugged and we both turned at the sound of more footsteps coming down into the hallway. Daddy Carlile appeared, looking betweent the two of us, and smiled his freshly shaved face down at us, with his hands on his hips.

"Slacking off already?" He teased.

"I finished, it's your son who's slacking." I joked and pointed to all of his boxes stacked up next to him. "Time for a father son talk I think." I smirked and they both smiled back.

"What time do you two leave?"

"Not for another five hours." Austin answered, checking his phone to make sure. His dad nodded, tapping his foot, and still looking down at us.

"What?" I asked, smiling uneasily and he beamed as if the question was his opportunity to strike in.

"I just have something for you guys in the living room if you're ready." He leaned up against the wall and we booth groaned as we got up and shrugged.

"Lead the way Pops." Austin patted his shoulders as he followed behind his dad and left me trailing after them both, into the living room where a loud chorus of "HELLO's!" attacked us. I blinked around the room, trying to focus, on all the flashes of multicolored confetti sprinkling around us.