Chapter 10: I'm terrified to speak.

Hannah.

"Hannah? Hannah are you OK?" Austin's voice repeated itself, and I saw hands fluttering over me, touching certain places more than others, but gentle each time. My vision was spotted, like seeing dots of the sun in everything I see. What's going on?

"Austin?" I responded dizzily, my tongue sounding like it was clogging my throat. "What happened?"

"Hey just sit, it's alright. Relax, close your eyes for a few seconds and when you open them you should be okay, at least a little better." My hand was squeezing his for support to sit down and I leaned back against the car behind me, whoever's it was. I closed my eyes as told, and tried to relax with deep breaths.

--------- HOSPITAL, ROOM 288 ---------

"Hannah, let's go you're gonna miss the show!" Austin beckoned my over excitedly and took my hand in his, making my face flush, because I could never get used to that feeling I got when he did it. I popped p from the sidewalk and ran with him, trying not to face plant the ground as I did, until we got up to side stage.

The manager was running around, making sure everything was right and secure. He came out, said usual hello's, and handed Austin his mic. "We're ready." Austin nodded and turned to me, popping the top of my head with a kiss and running onstage, collecting screams and cheers from the crowd as he threw his fist in the air, a huge grin splitting his face.

"She's responsive. I need a doctor to come examine her as soon as possible. The Patient has been out for a few hours, and this young man has been keeping quite close tabs on her." 

Whose voice was that? I rolled my eyes under my dark lids, angry that that had only been a dream. You suck brain. I tried opening my eyes, but they felt heavy, like I was still sleepy, and they hurt. I felt like I got punched in the eyes!

Since my eyes weren't ready to open, I tried figuring out where I was by the smell. It smelt of chemicals, liquid medicine, and.. Sick people. I rolled my eyes, not that anyone could tell, and knew I was in a hospital. I hate hospitals.. What happened for me to have to have come here? Whose with me? A man? The fuck? Austin's dad maybe? Or I guess it would make more sense if it was my grandpa, right?

"She's humming! Excuse me, nurse, she's humming." He sounded excited, whoever he was. Humming when did I start humming? But sleep laced his voice, it was a tone I'd never heard before but I knew it wasn't my grandfather's.

I heard the fast steps of a nurses shoes walking across the tile to me and I felt her body heat next to me, then move as she leant over and pulled open my eyelids. She shone a bright little flashlight in each, and when I looked away, or tried to, she smiled.

"That hurts you know." I muttered, as she moved on to the next one. My eyes were still sore, but hey, they'd been pried open for me, so less work. She stood straight again and smiled down at me.

"How're you feeling?"

"My eyes hurt, like they're sore, but th-" I tried moving up and adjusting myself in my bed, when a sharp pain shot down my butt. I sucked in a breath and her smile went to alarm. "My butt hurts.. a lot." I winced as I eased myself down and back into my pillows. I looked around the room for the man's voice, but no one was in the room.

"We'll get a doctor in here for that, but you look good, a lot better than when you came in I'd say." She smiled again, and when she saw me looking around the room, smiled bigger. "He's coming back in, he just went to get some coffee. You're very lucky to have a boyfriend like him, he's such a sweetheart." She patted on her own heart, a fantasy taking a moment to flicker across her mind before she left the room, telling me the doctor should be in in twenty to thirty minutes. Boyfriend, who the hell is she talking about that's been in my room?!