Chapter 19: Daddy Driver.

Hannah.

After I told Austin the whole story, and even cried a little like a baby.. Again since the first time we've met, and we understood. He actually didn't get upset like last time, but encouraged me to call her and tell her that I was OK and to talk to her, because she could be hurting as bad as I am. I agreed to, since he was so sweet to let me stay here, including his dad, and I owed it to them in my mind.

I was in the bathroom though, my phone charging in my room, and my things all hung up and unpacked in my new room, and getting out of the shower when I remembered Caleb was suppose to be picking me up from my house and I had yet to tell him plans changed. I wrapped up in a tight towel, and ran from the hall bathroom, to my room, without being seen.

I closed my door behind me and ran over to my charger and called Caleb. His phone rang to voicemail, and when I tried again, the same thing. I decided I'd just leave a message and hope he'd get it. "Hey Caleb, it's Sam.. Well, Hannah, you know. Anyways, so things changed and you're not picking me up from my house, long story but you can come get me from Austin's, same time though. Alright, well, I'll hopefully hear back form you soon. Bye." I hung up and went to pick out what I'd wear, never having gone to one of these things I had no clue.

I picked up my phone again, still clenching onto my towel and sitting one leg draped over the other on the corner of my bed, and sent a text.

Hannah: Hey Carlile?

Austin: Yeah Grimes?

Hannah: I feel stupid?

Austin: Why? Because you're texting me from down the hall? [; lol

Hannah: No.. -.- Because I don't know what to wear to these things.

Austin: Parties?

Hannah: Yeah, those. I don't go to them, and when I do, it's something easy, like a costume party. xP

Austin: Seriously? Alright, I'm coming.

I put my phone back down on the floor against the wall and waited until I heard a light knock. "Come in If you're tall, dark haired, lanky, and is named Austin." I smiled as he poked in. He didn't seem fazed by me in a towel, and for that I was grateful.

"So, outfit troubles?" He smirked and looked at the open closet of clothes hanging up.

"There's not a lot to choose from, as you can imagine under the circumstances." I watched him dig in, looking at everything I had, even in my drawers, and when he stood up and turned towards me he was holding out a pair of white leggings in one hand, and one of my girl-ier shirts that was an off the shoulder, sheer white crop top shirt what had gold and soft yellow colored, thin stripes going horizontal down it. He tossed them to me, and then tossed me a pastel colored yellow bandeau to wear underneath.

"Perfect." He smiled as I examined in, equally as thrilled with his choice I think.

"But what about heels?" I asked, going back to looking lost.

"Heels?" His nose scrunched up and he looked like I'd just thrown up on myself. "What do you need those for?"

"It's still considered a date right? Since Caleb asked me to go.. And I- I see other girl's show up to these things in heels." I mumbled at the end. "On TV."

He grinned down at me and shook his head. "You don't need heels, but if you want some, I'd go with these." He reached up on the shelf that was in there, and tossed on the bed a pair of completely covered in mini glitter coated short studded, three inch heels that I have always been to scared to wear before, no matter how much I loved them.