Chapter 17: Ginger with a soul.

((Time for another annoying time skip!!))

----- TIME SKIP. -----

Hannah.

"So, Sam.." Haylee trailed of the end of her sentence as we walked down the crowded hallway to fifth period. "I hear you and Caleb have a thing."

"Have a what?" I glued my confused eyes to hers and she was smirking like Cruella Deville with a nasty secret. "What thing?" I leaned in as she beckoned me with her fake, hot pink acrylic nail.

"As in, you and him are together now. I mean, I guess it makes sense, since the two of you have been getting closer at lunch and he's been meeting you at your car all the time.. By the way, why do you drive that thing? Have you ever considered selling it?" My head snapped up and my eyebrows were so close together from all this in my mind, I wouldn't doubt it if I looked like I had a uni-brow.

"Wait, Caleb and I? There's no thing going on with us, I talk to him as much as I talk to the rest of the group at lunch and he meets me at my car because he likes asking what he missed in class because he skips all his and I have two of the same classes as him, just different periods. Oh, and NO I would never sell Matty.. I love him too much." I raised my chin proudly and waited for more from her, but instead I got a cackle.

"You named your car?"

"Oh, shut it." I swatted her away, and she got me to give in to an airy laugh.

"So you and Caleb-?"

"No, nope, no no." I shook my head firmly as we came up to the class door. She put her hands up in surrender and as we took our seats away form each other, I had time to dwell in the thought of people now talking about Caleb and I. That's gross. Ever since I said he could take me to the party tomorrow, he's been talking to me a lot more, and it seems he's been giving the wrong impression to others. Well, I can't say that yet, since only Haylee has come up to me with it, but I'm sure he has. What a hassle... I feel like I'm in a teen drama reality sitcom.

------- AFTER SCHOOL. -------

I trudged out to my car, once again expecting Caleb, but this time I walked up to an empty car. I double checked around me and jumped out of my skin as Alan rocked back and forth on his heels in front of me by my bumper.

"Alan!"

"Sorry!" He raised his hands in defense and I was clutching my heart for some sort of safety. "I didn't know you were so skittish." He lowered his hands slowly and took a small step towards me, like I was some sort of dangerous animal that was loose in the zoo.

"I'm usually not." I took a deep breath, for my own good, and let go of my chest hesitantly. "What bring you to Matty's spot?" I gestured to my oh so beautiful forever in my eyes, car, and unlocked him so I could put my books and bag away.

"I saw you talking to Haylee, and it wasn't at lunch so I thought it was unusual. I was wondering if she was talking about me, or coming tomorrow." Alan's face shone red and it was funny because he looked like a super ginger with a sunburn. Is this what it looks like when a pale ginger gets embarrassed? I smiled to myself and tied not to show it on the outside.

"No, we were talking about tomorrow, but more along the lines of why Caleb and I were going together." I shrugged and leaned up against the car. "Why?"

"I'm just curious." He muttered and let his hair fall into his eyes.

"You're lying." I sing songed and he groaned, smacking his face in agony because he didn't want to tell me. It was written all over his face though. He liked Haylee, but he didn't know how she felt about him. If I had an opinion, wait, let me rephrase... If I was bold enough to boast my opinion, I would, but I'm not, so I won't. I just think she doesn't even know he likes her, she's a whore to be frank and can't remember any guys names. Plus, they've only talked like... Four times per say, at lunch.. that I've seen.