Chapter 11: A screaming grandparent, is a looney grandparent.

Hannah.

"Where is she?! I need to see her and kick her ass right now!" That loud, demanding voice pulled me from my sleep, feeling groggy and grouchy. "Hannah Nicole!" I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and woke to the forceful entry of my grandma, shoving through the nurses to get to my room. Her eyes looked wild, like she was a raging animal.

"Grandma?" I sat up lazily in my bed and wrapped my messy, unwashed hair in a ponytail and pinched my cheeks a few times to get the stiffness loose.

"Why the hell are you in the hospital? Why were you not the one to call me, but some guy that I remembered from you telling me that you'd skipped a class with him!?" She threw her small purse on one of the room's tables and came over to my side, glaring at Austin before continuing to lash out at me. "Hannah what happened? Why are you so God damned clumsy?" She grunted and sighed loudly, tossing her hands to her sides and looking at me like I had a brain the size of a nut.

"I've been sleeping and resting. The doctor said it was nothing serious so there was no need to call any family or parents, but Austin volunteered to call and I was tired, so I let him. I don't see why that's such a big deal."

"Because you didn't come home when you were suppose to, let alone at all. You drove away from home, while we live in a whole new place, not saying anything or leaving a note behind! I was lost trying to find you!"

"OKAY! Sorry.." I mumbled, crossing my arms over my chest and pouting, but I didn't really give a shit. Who is she to come in here, yelling an screaming like a fool, making ME look just as foolish, and demand for answers. I'm eighteen, remember? I don't have to tell you shit! I turned toward Austin, who was asleep in the chair, his face angelic while his chin rested on his chest in an uncomfortable looking position. His face alone made me relax a little, already, this early into a new school, I feel like I have a best friend.

"We're checking you out, now."

"I haven't gotten the okay to leave yet."

"Fine, I'll go get it for you." She humf'd, turning on her stubby heel and prissily walking to find someone to grant her wishes.

------- AT THE PARKING LOT. -------

"I can't believe you sometimes." I muttered as she wheeled me out, her nose held high as she walked briskly through the double automatic doors to the car. Austin followed along next to us, easily keeping pace with my short legged grandmother because of his lanky legs.

"Me?! You can't say anything with the goose chase I've been on to find you!" She gawked down at me, the anger still laced in every word. "We are setting some ground rules when you get home." She looked at Austin as he reached down and patted my shoulder comfortingly when we stopped at the car. "Immediately." She added hastily.

He pulled his hand away and my small smile dropped. "I'm eighteen."

"And? Are you paying rent? Have a job? Oh wait, no, you live under MY roof free of charge, drive a car, WE bought you, and spend money that WE gave you." She unlocked the van and slid the door open, telling me with here eyes to get in.

"You want me to sit in the back?!"

"So Austin can sit in the front."

"Actually.. I drove her here, so my car's that-"

"Fine, walk around to the front seat."