Chapter eighteen

[A/N]: Hey, new chapter as always. This one is pretty juicy, so I hope you like it. I hope people have stuck around for this. I seem to have at least four people who read every chapter, but who knows how many will read it when it's all done.

    If you have any feedback please leave a comment, I would really appreaciate if you did, anyway hope you enjoy the chapter, I'll leave you to your reading now.

Chapter eighteen

    Halfway through the movie I had buried my head in Dan’s chest and covered my face with my hands. I was honestly so scared, even just hearing the sound. Dan was holding around me tightly and laughing every time I jumped, again just from the sound. Sometimes I would peek out from my hiding place only see something scary and go into hiding again right away.

    When the movie finally ended I lay in Dan’s embrace for what seemed like ages, too scared to move.

    “It’s safe to come out now” Dan said eventually and started removing my hands from my face.  I uncurled and sat up, still a bit jumpy.

    “Should we watch some TV to get you cooled down?” Phil asked.

    “Mhm” I nodded yes. So Phil turned on the TV again and switched to a somewhat calmer channel. There was some British program on that I didn’t recognize, but it was soothing. The boys had eaten most of the snacks while we watched the movie, I had been too scared. Now I made it up by stuffing my face with popcorn and chocolate, grinning in delight.  After the program finished Dan got up.

     “Do you wanna borrow a T-shirt to sleep in?”

    “Sure” I answered. He went out of the room and came back with one of his T-shirts, handed it to me and directed me to the bathroom. I changed into his giant T-shirt and removed my bra. I hadn’t worn a lot of makeup and I washed it off with soap and water. I always wore a couple ponytail-holders on my wrist; I took one and put my hair up in a messy bun. I then walked out into the living room again holding the clothes I had changed out of. Dan was carrying the bowls, now completely empty, out into the kitchen.

    “Where’s Phil?” I asked noticing his absence.

    “He went to go do Phil stuff or something” Dan answered. I laughed recognizing that answer from his live shows. “Just let me put these away and then I’ll show you the bedroom”

    “Show me the bedroom? That sounds wrong” I said winking at him. He just flashed me a brilliant smile in reply, looking pretty content with himself. I followed him into the kitchen and watched him wash the bowls, helped him dry them and put them in one of the cupboards. He then led me down the hallway and into his bedroom witch I recognized immediately.

    “Just make yourself comfortable” he told me and started leaving the room.

    “Where are you going?”

     “I was just going to make up the couch” he answered casually.

    “Oh, no, I can’t sleep alone, that’s why I didn’t want to go home. I’ll scare myself to death” I stated.

    “You want me to sleep with you?” he asked a sly grin spreading across his face.

     “Get your mind out of the gutter Dan, but yes that’s what I meant”

    “Ok, I’ll just go get my laptop from the lounge” he said. With that he left the room. I put my clothes in a neat pile next to the bed and decided to take a trip to the bathroom. When I came back into the room Dan was propped up against the headboard (topless) with his laptop on his lap. I could see that the personal trainer had been good. Obviously I didn’t know what he looked like before, but he definitely looked pretty good then. I walked over to the bed and started taking off the sweatpants.

    “Whoa, what are you doing?” I looked up to see Dan covering his eyes with a shocked look on his face, so cute.

    “No it’s ok, I don’t like sleeping with sweatpants on, I mean pajama bottoms are fine, but sweatpants are just uncomfortable. And your T-shirt is so big that it covers me up” I was babbling “but if it makes you feel uncomfortable then I’ll survive” I said bashfully starting to pull up my sweatpants again.

    “No, no, no” he blurted out almost frantically. I looked up to find him with one hand stretched out to signal me to stop. He then got a somewhat bashful look and tried to make it sound better by saying “whatever makes you comfortable”. I looked at him mischievously when I noticed he was blushing. So, I took off my sweatpants again and climbed into the bed.

    “Could you turn off the lights?” he asked.

    I got out of the bed again and walked over to turn off the lights, I could feel his gaze on me the whole way. I turned around and found Dan with his gaze fixed on me, from the dim light cast by his bedside lamp I could make out that he was biting his lip slightly. Needless to say I was turned on, big time. I walked back to the bed slowly, watching Dan look me over.

    Climbing back into the bed I asked “Was that just so you could check me out?”

    “Hey, a hot girl asks me to sleep with her and then takes off her pants and I’m just supposed to sit back and not milk it? I don’t think so” he said jokingly. He said I was hot, and oh my goodness where we flirting? We must have been.

    Dan put his laptop on his bedside table, turned off his bedside lamp and joined me under the blanket. I snuggled up to him feeling his bare skin with my hands.

     “It’s so dark and scary, you have to protect me” I pouted, even though I knew he wouldn’t be able to see. Dan placed his arms around my waist, pulled me tight and kissed the top of my head lightly. I turned around and I remember falling asleep spooning in his arms.