Chapter thirty four

Chapter thirty four

    When I pulled away Dan was looking down at me strangely.

    “Um don’t get me wrong, but what was that?” he asked. Luckily I had already thought up a witty reply.

    “You don’t remember this, but when we were at that party on Friday you kissed me and I just, um wanted to see if you were just as good a kisser when you’re sober”

    “First of all I do actually kind of remember that an second of all you can’t really judge whether someone is a good kisser by just pecking them on the lips”

    “Well I guess not, but” I was interrupted by Dan pulling me towards him again, then leaning down and kissing me, I kissed him back. I sat myself up on my knees so our mouths were at the same level, never braking away from the kiss. Dan was a just as amazing kisser as I remembered. The kiss was soft and sweet, but I was longing for something more passionate. Dan pulled away, I didn’t move at all, just sat there with my eyes closed reveling in the memory of what just happened.

    “So?” Dan questioned smugly.

    “Do you even need to ask?”

    “I had to make sure” this time I was the one who interrupted him by leaning inn and trapping him in another kiss. I swung my one leg over Dan’s so I was sitting on his lap with one leg on either side of his legs facing him. Dan got my message; his arms went to my waist pulling me closer to his crotch. He deepened the kiss, and I ran my fingers through his soft hair and arched into him. He kissed my neck lightly and I couldn’t help but let out a moan of pleasure. Leaning his forehead against mine for a second he smiled, chuckled a little and gave me a dirty look. I returned the look and bit my lip, I was teasing him, and he gave inn and returned his lips to mine. I parted my lips and Dan’s tongue slid into my mouth; we were full on making out at that point, this was definitely something more passionate. My mind was partly paralyzed by what was happening, but I felt a hand creep its way under my sweater.

    Thoughts started flooding back into my mind at the touch of Dan’s cold hand on my lower back. I barely knew this guy, I wasn’t used to going this fast. I was almost still a virgin. Dan had probably had lots of women even if he always tried to make himself out to be such an awkward person. He was hot and he had roped me inn pretty easily. I was probably not the first and would probably not be the last. And as I said, I barely knew him, was I just going to jump into bed with him after knowing him for what? Three weeks? A month? Wait, I had wanted to pounce on him the second I saw him, why was I questioning it now?

    Then my brain really started to confuse me, suddenly thoughts of Benjamin started popping up, that’s why I was questioning it. I thought about how he had kissed me and how that had felt so right and so safe, but could I really forgive him? Maybe my heart was telling me to give him another chance, see if he could prove that he would never hurt me again. He seemed to want to make it up to me, especially with that text he had sent me on Saturday. I did miss him, was me being with Dan so much ruining his chances of showing me how much he wanted me back? The real question was; did I want him back? I had to think about this, but I couldn’t do that if I was sitting here making out with Dan.

    I pulled away unwillingly. “Dan, I can’t, I’m sorry”

    “Oh” he said disappointedly “Did I do something wrong? We can go slower if that’s what you want” he looked so disappointed, I almost changed my mind.

    “No Dan, it’s not that, well, I don’t know it’s kind of that. I’m just a bit confused right now, you know, with Benjamin back and everything going on” I said as I got off him, his arms having left my sides at that point.

    “Oh, you’re confused are you?” he sounded irritated, what was that all about? “Your cheating ex-boyfriend is back? Oh, well then I completely understand why you‘re confused”

    “It’s not like that Dan, you know that” I said in a small voice, barely louder than a whisper.

    “Then what is it like?” he was raising his voice now, something that always made me uncomfortable “I’m sure it’s really hard to choose between the guy who’s been nothing but nice to you, even suppressing his feelings for you so that you could be friends, and your cheating ex-boyfriend. I can imagine how hard that choice must be” the sarcasm dripped from his lips and stung me right in the heart.

    “We have history; that makes things harder. We had a really good relationship for a very long time. And I never knew that that was how you felt about me” now I was raising my voice as well, something I almost never did. I felt tears pricking at my eyes, that always happened when someone hurt me or I was arguing with someone, and right then his words hurt.

    “I think I should leave” Dan announced getting up.

    “I think so too” I said lowering my voice again.

    Dan stomped out of the room, I heard him grab his jacket and slam the door to my apartment.  I tucked my legs in under my chin and felt the tears start streaming down my face. I wanted to give Benjamin a chance, but this was definitely not what I wanted. Had I just ruined everything I had built up with Dan?

    [A/N]: Hey new chapter, I must say this was simultaniously one of the best and worst chapters to write, I think you can understand why. I hope you like it.

    As always, if you have any feedback please leave it in a comment bellow. I haven't really been fussy about this before, but it would really be encouraging if you could maybe "vote" on some of the chapters, but only if you like them of course.