Gerard Pique // Unexplainable

i haven't posted in forever, hope u all enjoy!!!!!

Rainy days were the best days in Katherine's book. She loved spending the day locked in her apartment with her son Lucas. They would watch movies all day in bed and order pizza. Rainy days were her favorite, and that's what she thought today was going to be. That was until Lucas' father showed up knocking on her door.

"Gerard, what are you doing?" she asked. He hadn't even noticed she opened the door until he heard her voice and a huge smile spread on her face.

"Hola linda, how are you? Gosh I've missed you." He said stepping foot in her house and hugging her tightly. Katherine just stood in place confused by everything. The last time she had seen Gerard was in Barcelona, when they were still together yet still at each other's throats. Now Katherine lived in Madrid, miles away from Gerard hoping she wouldn't have to see him.

"Nice to see you too but what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in Barcelona kicking a ball around?" She asked with a hint of attitude. It's not like she hated his job, it was just with a career like, his there was no place for Lucas and Katherine in his life.

"Funny, but no. I'm actually on break right now and I thought I could come see Lucas. There's no problem with that, right?" He asked, with a smile.

"You know I don't have an issue but I wouldn't mind if you let me know ahead of time," she said. "Come on in. We were just getting ready to watch a movie, so I guess you can join us."

Gerard happily walked inside the small apartment, and went straight into the family room to see Lucas sitting there ready to watch the movie with his mother. Katherine heard the excitement in the little giggles and yells Lucas let put which let her know he was happy to see his father. Gerard wasn't always around. He mostly saw his son on the holidays and during the summer he would spend time at Gerard's mother's house to be close to his dad.

Katherine walked into the living room with a tub of popcorn and small bags of candy. She always gave her son an actual movie exprience, always. Lucas insisted on watching The Lion King, since that was the first movie he ever watched. The little boy sat between his two parents, excited that he was spending time with both of them.

"Papa, are you going to leave again?" Lucas asked, while watching the scene where Simba's father dies. Katherine looked down at her hands placed in her lap. Gerard looked down at him with sad eyes, trying to figure out how to answer his question.

"Lucas, you know I have to go back. I work in Barcelona baby," he said pulling him onto his lap. "If you trying to say you miss me Lucas, you know I'm always here. You can come visit me whenever you want."

"I know papa, I just wish you were here with me all the time. I miss you a lot." The little boy spoke.

"I miss you too, more than you could imagine. I miss you, and playing football with you. I miss mommy, and her cooking." Gerard said and reached out for Katherine's hand.

Katherine wished she hadn't felt a spark whenever Gerard touched her or even tried to talk to her. But sadly after thirteen years of them being together she couldn't help for having feelings for her ex-husband. They met in grade school and started out as best friends. Friends became something more, and they were soon dating and afterwards they were married. Lucas was the changing factor in the relationship. That made Katherine realize that Gerard couldn't handle a career and having a family.

Half the time he wasn't home when she needed him more than ever. They had a child, but that didn't change anything. It seemed to her that he found football more important than his family. So she left and divorced Gerard. It was painful and the worst thing that could have ever happened to her. She loved him to much to let her go, but somethings just had to happen for better or worse.

Lucas ended up falling asleep in his father's arms, and he went to lay him in his room. Gerard came out of his room with a wide smile, "I haven't done that in while, I really missed him."

"Well, he really has missed you too. I still don't understand that comment about my cooking." She laughed making him smile up at her.

"I can't lie. I do miss it, eating at restaurants or food at Marc and Melissa's place isn't the same. Especially when Marc cooking, I don't recommend it." He joked.

"Well, it was nice having you here. I really loved having you here." Katherine said, immediately regretting it once she saw the giant smirk growing on his face.

"Loved? Well I also loved being here. I love you, Katherine." He said closing the gap between them.

Gerard was always a charmer. Ever since grade school he made every girl want him more and more. His eyes were always on Katherine, and they still were. "Gerard, don't do this. Look we had a great night with our son. Let's not ruin it, please." She said getting annoyed.

"I can't stop Kath. You don't believe me, but it's true. I love you and I've missed you so much. Look I made a mistake and took you for granted, most importantly my son, but that won't happen," He said. "You're my family. And not having you two every day kills me. I need you back, no matter how unexplainable this is."

Hesitation ran through her but she couldn't deny her feelings either."I need you too." She choked up with tears as she spoke.

And that's how everyone looked at them and their relationship, unexplainable.