Chapter 2

Grayson Dolan's pov

"ROAD TRIP, ROAD TRIP, ROAD TRIP!" Brooklyn and Ethan yelled from behind while sticking their heads out the window. I felt jealously build up in me.

"You guys better get you head inside before I roll it up in the window." I growled. They sighed and did as I said. "Why are you such a buzz kill?" Bambi joked.

"Yeah. It's a road trip. We are supposed to have fun." Brooklyn said. "Whatever." I muttered.

Brooklyn has changed.

In a good way

She isn't trapped and broken

She isn't alone.

She's confident.

She is

Happy...

"Everyday I spend my time
Drinking wine Feelin fine" Bambi began to sing

"Waitin here to find a sign
That I can understand
Yes I am" Ethan followed after.

"So everyday I spend my time
Drinking wine Feelin fine

Waitin here to find a sign
That I should take it slow" they both harmonized.

"Can you guys like not sing right now?!?" I said gripping the wheel tighter. "Okay seriously dude, what's up your ass?" Brooklyn said.

"Nothing." I said. "Clearly there is something WAYYYY up there because you have been the downer this whole time and we aren't even half way to the campsite!" She snapped.

Not a good start.

Brooklyn Decker's pov

What the fuck is up Grayson's ass?!? Like can we just enjoy a road trip?

"If your so unhappy with with this trip then why don't you get out?" He chuckled to himself. "Okay. Pull over." I said bluntly.

Bambi and Ethan looked at me shocked. "Brooklyn don't-" I cut Bambi off. "No. If I am unhappy then I will get off. Grayson pull over."

"No Brooklyn." He said. "It's an empty road. I'm pretty sure you can." I said sarcastically. "Brooklyn, I can't because we ran out of gas." He said.

"WHAT!?!" Ethan, Bambi, and I screamed. The car began to slow down, until we came to an official stop.

There was a moment of silence. I sighed and got out the car.

"Brooklyn?" Bambi said getting out after me. "Brooklyn?!?" She called out. "What!?" Ethan and Grayson both got out the car and began to follow me.

"Brooklyn wait." Grayson touched my arm but I quickly pulled away and faced him. "It's all your fault!" I yelled. "Okay why are you yelling at me?" He asked.

"If you weren't being such a prick you would have listened to Ethan when he said to get gas!"

"Guys! Stop it! It's no ones fault okay?" Ethan said. "And what's so bad about where we are?" Bambi said cheerfully. "Oh I don't know, maybe the fact that we are stuck in the middle of the woods with no service." I pointed out.

"Look guys. Maybe it won't be as bad." Grayson said. "I mean we still have our camping items, so why don't we just set up here?" He said unhooking some of the stuff form the roof of the car.

"Let's get it!" Ethan said.

(1 hour later)

After about an hour we finished setting up. We all sat on the moist ground. "So how are we going to set up a fire?" I asked. "Did anyone being a lighter?" Bambi asked. Ethan reached in his pocket pocket and pulled one out. "Got it!"

We set our gathered wood into a pile. Ethan sat up and turned on the lighter. "Wait! Can I do it?" Bambi asked. Ethan nodded and handed the lighter to her. She grabbed hold and began to walk towards the wood.

Suddenly, she fell over and dropped the lighter. I ran over and helped her up. "Are you okay?!" I asked worried about my fragile friend. "I-I'm fine. It's not me you should worry about." She pointed to the tent, which was on fire.

We all just watched our shelter burn down in front of us.

I let out a huge sigh of frustration.

"Brooklyn. It's okay." Grayson said as he draped his arm around my shoulder. "This is going to be a long night" I looked up into his eyes

Why do I feel hope?...
🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃

Wowza... So that was that and blah blah blah. HAPPY NEW YEARS