Chapter 10- Sweet Words

Eris' POV:
   How could Mr.Dolan be like that? Not that I don't like it, I mean I did chase after him first. This is what I wanted.

   It's Christmas break now and I haven't texted Mr.Dolan since that day when he told me to. I'm scared he won't respond. Any other time, I would've been excited to text him. What if Janet sees that I texted him?

   Whatever! Janet is just going to have to get over it. I like Mr.Dolan and I'm going to continue chasing him. I'm going to text him.

   As soon as I get ready to text him, the doorbell rings. I open the door to find Mr. Dolan standing there drenched in rain.

   "Oh my gosh! Grayson why didn't you bring an umbrella?" I say dragging him into the house.

   "I ran over here because I thought something was wrong. You didn't text me that night and I've been worried sick!" He's coughing. Is he getting sick?

   "I..I'm sorry. I was too scared to."I say looking down.

   "All this time you were scared?" He puts his drenched hands on my cheeks. "I'm sorry I put you in a situation where you weren't comfortable." He says changing his expression.

   "No, no it's nothing. I'm sorry for making you worry. Let's go upstairs,my mom isn't home. We need to get you dry." I say taking his hand.

After he is no longer soaking wet...

   "If you're really sorry, come on a trip with me Eris." Grayson says.

   "A trip? I can't do that! Not with you. My mom will wonder who I'm going with." A trip ? With Grayson?

   "I'll tell her it's a trip for Christmas. I'll make a permission slip form and everything for you." He takes my hand. "Please?"

   "Let's see if it works first then I'll give you my answer." He kisses my hands.

*****

Grayson's POV:
  Today is the day that Eris and I go on our very first trip together. I'm so excited. Her mom is bringing her to the school.

   "Thanks mom!" She says waving goodbye to her mother.

   "Well let's get going." I hold hands with Eris as we walk towards my car. I pack her things into the trunk of my car.

On the way to the airport
   "Well where are we going Grayson?" A magical place.

   "We're going to Hawaii. It's nice and sunny there and it won't be as cold as it is here." Her eyes widen.

   "HAWAII?! For how long?" She asks

   "A maximum of 5 days. If anytime you're ready to leave, then we can." I say petting her head.

   "Okay. That sounds good." She's so sweet to me.

   "I'm tired, so I'm going to take a nap on the plane. Tell me when we get there okay?"

In Hawaii...
We check into our hotel. She looks around the room to see that there is a king sized bed. Only one.

   "So you expect us to sleep together Grayson?" She raises an eyebrow at me. She caught me.

   "Why not sleep together? I like you and you like me. What's the big deal with sleeping together?" I say putting our bags down.

   "It's just that-"I cut her off.

   "Don't worry. I'm not going to sleep in the bed with you. There's a sofa bed too." You're probably asking why I didn't pick a room with two beds. It's because I'm eventually going to sleep in that bed with her.

   "Well...well.." Hm? What is this?

   "Unless you want me to sleep with you? I'll keep you warm." I wink at her.

   "Never mind! You sleep on the sofa bed!" She yells at me.

I walk over to her and wrap my arms around her waist. I rest my head on her shoulder.

   "Thank you for coming on this trip with me Eris. Janet left and it's not that I'm upset about it, it's just that she said some pretty hurtful things to me." Why was Janet so mean to me?

   Eris turns to face me. She kisses my cheek and wraps her arms around my neck. "Don't take what she said to heart Grayson. Okay? I'm here for you now, I'm going to take care of you. This is why I fell for you Eris.

   "Okay take care of me. Take care of me cause my heart is broken right now. Words hurt Eris, they really do." I can't help but squeeze her tighter. Who knew she was such a sweet person?

"Eris? I need to lay down. Lay with me. I'm hurting right now, so please?" I walk her towards the bed with me. "Okay."she responds.

Eris lets me lie in her arms. I slowly start to fall asleep but I can still feel her fingers running through my hair. My heartbreak fades away some.

Hope you liked this chapter!