Chapter 17- First Love

Mrs.Faye's POV:
Something had to of happened on that trip. Why would he take her on the trip with him and lie to my face? He's her teacher for gods sake! I need to talk to Mr.Dolan right NOW.

I dial the schools number and ask for Grayson Dolan. "Hello, yes. This is Mrs. Faye, Eris Faye's mother. May I speak to Grayson Dolan?" "Ah yes certainly, let me transfer you to his line." "Hello?"he speaks into the phone. "This is Eris Faye's mother. I would like to schedule a meeting with you." I tell him. "Oh hello Mrs.Faye. When would you like to have the meeting?" He asks. "As soon as possible. When are you free?" I ask. "Hm..well I'll be free this Thursday. Shall we meet then Mrs.Faye?"that's not soon enough but it will have to do. I want to tell him to leave my daughter alone as soon as I can. "That'll be fine. Have a good day." I hang up.

Eris's POV:
Today is Monday and I have to go back to school. I'll have to see Mr. Dolan. Thankfully I'm not in his class anymore so now I won't find myself staring at him. My mom still hasn't talked to Mr.Dolan and it's making really nervous. Has she decided not to talk to him? Did she threaten him?? Ugh.

I walk down the hallway to my locker and my eyes land on this guy. Before I manage to get to my locker, I stop in the middle of the hallway. Students pass by as they give me crazy looks. "Move out of the way damn." said one of the guys that passed by me. I know this guy, I know him all too well. From the front to the back, I know all of him. It's my first love..Leo. Why is he here? Did he transfer into this school? Why?
     He turns around. I can't let him see me. I turn around and head the opposite direction.

I'm trying my hardest to get away from him but my friend Raven stops me and wants me to walk with her to class. Her class is in the opposite direction of the way I'm walking! "Eris come on and walk with me, please!"she whines. "I can't raven. Not right now." She pokes out her lips. She knows something is wrong. "What's the matter? Why won't you face me? You're dodging someone aren't you? Who is it?"she turns around and sees Leo. She gasps. "Oh...my...god. Eris?..Eris?Leo is over there!" "I KNOW RAVEN SO LET ME GO!"I scream before I run into the bathroom with tears in my eyes. She runs after me while giving Leo one last look.

Raven's POV:
I see my best friend of all time, Eris. She was standing in the middle of the hallway. I go up and ask her if she wants to walk me to class. We talk about the craziest things when we're walking.

Today, she didn't want to walk with me. She wouldn't even face me when I tried talking to her. I asked her what's wrong. "what's wrong Eris? You never skip a chance to walk with me. Are you trying to dodge someone?" She points down the hallway. It was Leo..her ex. Technically they aren't ex's. They never broke up. Leo really hurt Eris, but he loved her unconditionally. Eris loved him the same. They were couple goals. At their old school, they won the senior superlative "Best Couple."

I knew Eris was going through a hard time. She would cry over him day by day. She would rip things up and throw things against the wall. I thought she would never get over him, but she did. Eris forgave Leo for what he did, but deep down I knew she didn't forgive him all the way. I'm sure Leo knows the same since he has transferred here. They need to talk to each other and straighten things out.

"I KNOW RAVEN SO LET ME GO!" She screamed at me. She caused quite the commotion and I'm sure Leo heard. I made eye contact with him. Leo didn't know who I was but I knew who he was. I will never forgive him. I will never forgive anyone like that.

Leo's POV:
   I heard the sound of a girl screaming. It startled me so I turned around. I saw a girl running away down the hallway. She ran into the bathroom. What's her problem? I turn back around, but I make eye contact with this girl. Who was she? Why did she make me feel so uncomfortable? It seemed as if she was staring at me with a ton of hatred. I've felt this feeling before.

   The last time I felt such a feeling was when I hurt my girlfriend. Her friends hated me, my boys hated me too. They would not talk to me nor look at me. My boys liked Eris, not the way I did, but as a friend. I miss her so much. I know she goes to this school but I have yet to see her. Where is she? Does she know I'm here? She's probably trying to avoid me...I can understand.

   If you're wondering what I did, let me tell you.

Flashback...
   It was the day of Eris' birthday. She was turning 17. I took her out for a nice diner and we exchanged promise rings. Eris and I had been dating ever since she was 15, and I was 16. I kept her a secret from my parents and she did the same. Her parents were strict and didn't approve of her dating at such a young age. Her parents told her that she had to wait until she was 17. I promised her that I would take her to see my parents.

   The day came that we were supposed to meet my parents. For some reason, I was completely terrified. My parents didn't want me to date outside of my race. In that case, I really didn't want to bring her. Instead, I asked her best friend, Cassidy, to come. I told Eris that we had to push the meeting back by 2 hours. That way, the meeting would be over. They treated Cassidy like she was their daughter in-law. At the time, I didn't think the situation was as bad as it was.

    It was getting time for Cassidy to leave, then I heard the doorbell ring. My mother answered it. It was Eris. She asked who Eris was and Eris told her she was my girlfriend. My mother laughed at her. She told Eris that Cassidy was my girlfriend. Eris came in and saw Cassidy and I sitting at the table with my father. Cassidy and I had our hands intertwined to make it seem like we were dating. Eris asked me, "so this is your girlfriend?" "Yes she is. Who are you?" Asked my father. Eris came closer to me and opened her purse. She took out the promise ring I gave her and sat it on the table next to my plate of food. "I'm sure Cassidy will be needing this instead of me." After that, she left.

My parents were upset that she wasn't within my race, but they were also upset that I lied to them. I chased after Eris that day, but I couldn't find her. She didn't answer any of my calls or texts. When I heard she transferred to a new school, my heart sunk. It was all my fault. I was so upset with myself. Cassidy transferred with Eris to show how sorry she was. Cassidy didn't mean to hurt Eris, she was just helping me out.

That day on, I had to find a way to talk to Eris. Transferring to her school was the only way for me to apologize. I have to find Eris. I have to..