Chapter 10.

( Imani's new home at the top )

Perfect. Perfect and away from Nathaniel. That was the part I really cared about. He didn't know were this place is, and he's still not talking to me anyway. A month of perfection.

" Hey momma, are we staying here forever? Like, just us, or is daddy coming here too? Annie asked, climbing in my bed.

" We're gonna stay here as long as we need to, just us." I assured her.

" I like it here then. I don't want daddy to be here, he's mean sometimes. " She admitted.

It was sad, he claimed to love his kids so much, but they were just as frightened by him as I was.

" Alright, no more moping around. " I said, changing the subject. " Let's go play some soccer. " With that, Annie ran out of my room, grabbed her brother and went out to the back yard.

I went in the kitchen to make a quick snack when The Devil himself called.

" What do you want Nathaniel? " I asked shortly.

" I'm doing well Imani, thanks for asking. How are you my dear? " He mocked.

" Nate, why are you calling me? " I asked again. That man irks my soul.

" I would like to see my children. You know, the ones we made together? I remember quite well how much you enjoyed that part. It was quite lovely, watching you cum over and over..." He continued. My face was burning with him talking about being inside of me like that.

"What do you want, Nathaniel? " I asked softly, with tear stained cheeks.

" You were quite a sight pregnant. Maybe I should get you pregnant again, because you were beautiful. My god, were you beautiful. " He repeated quietly.

" Anyway, it's been almost 2 months, I'd like to see my children. " He said forcefully.

" No Nathaniel. They don't want to see you. And you're probably high anyway. " I had to protect them at all cost and not let that madman around them.

" Imani Kathleen Howard, if you do not bring my own children to see me, so help me god I will." He ranted.

" You will what Nathaniel?" I yelled back.

" Just bring me my babies, okay? " He said calmly. " Kiss them and tell them I love them for me. " Then he hung up.

I had a feeling that even though I'd won the battle, Nathaniel was planning a war. And I knew how ruthless he could get.

" Okay guys, snacks are inside. " I yelled from the balcony. They both came running inside, still dripping sweat and panting from their little game.

They demolished the chicken tenders and fries, and quickly retreated to their rooms to sleep.

After an hour of watching Leverage on TV, Orlean and Courtney came over. It was about time we talked.

" Hey, I made brownies and lemon sugar cookies. " Courtney exclaimed, holding up the plates.

" I bought wine for us, and ginger ale for the pregnant one. " Orlean said, coming in.

" Well, come in, sit, make yourselves at home. " I said, bringing out the turkey wraps and fruit tray from the kitchen.

" Okay, we all know why we're here today." Courtney started. " O, you have some babies by Kevin. Imani, you're dating Kevin..."

"We're just sleeping together. " I blurted out, cutting Courtney off.

"Oohkay. We're gonna start with Orlean. There will be no fighting, at all. No dragging, keep the shade minimal, spill all the tea. " Courtney finished.