chapter 19.

Had a few things going on that I needed to process. Sorry for all the confusion guys. I'll make it up to you and treat you guys to lunch in a week or two. Lots of love!
That's what the text from Courtney read. A fucking group text. She didn't even have the decency to call.

"Who's that?" Dante asked groggily. His eyes were barely opened while he laid next to me.

"Just Courtney. She didn't even call to apologize. " I huffed as someone knocked on my door.

Who is this and why are they here? I thought while going to open the door.
I gasped when I saw a green eyed Italian giant standing there.

"Why why are you here?" I stammered lowly.

He was handsome as ever,  standing there in a plain white shirt that did nothing to hide his muscular frame,  gray pants with his beautiful blonde hair pulled back into a man bun. His pretty green eyes sparkled and I could feel myself melting.

"I think the lady asked a question." Dante said from behind me. 

Gracious,  I had forgotten all about him.

"She is coming with me.  Put on some clothes, let's go. " Kevin said.

Kevin, since I've met him, had never raised his voice.  It's always the same low,  deep accented sound,  but something about him makes me want to do exactly as he says. He terrifies me more than my husband ever did,  and he scares me even more because I'll always do what he wants.

"I'll be okay, I'll be back soon.  Promise." I kissed Dante's cheek, and went to get dressed. 

Kevin walked back, and leaned on his black Mercedes while Dante scowled at him.

I did a quick hoe bath in the sink,  making sure to wash down there well,  just in case. I put on a simple, pale pink dress. Sexy enough to get Kevin's attention,  innocent enough for Dante to not worry.
I put my curly hair up in a top knot, threw on some clear lip gloss and have myself a once over. The dress still hugged my figure despite my rapidly growing belly,  and my face,  although almost completely makeup free,  was still glowing.

"That's my girl,  my baby in there. I know all about you and what you do.
Don't think I'm not watching you!" I heard Dante shouting.

Wtf
I walked a bit faster to find Dante screaming at Kevin and Kevin just laying back on his car.

"I'll be back soon,alright?" I said softly,  kissing Dante's cheek before heading out with Kevin.

His face was still red and streaming when I walked over to the father of my child's car. 
He opened the door,  got me in,  and then stared. 

As pretty as I felt leaving the house,  the longer those pretty green eyes looked,  the uglier I felt.  He was with Orlean for goodness sake. Orlean Guzman was a lot of things,  but one thing she certainly was not,  ugly.  How could I compare to that? She could've been a super model, she graduated from the Georgetown University. A professional choreographer. Then there was me. 

Kevin might want to sleep with me,  most guys do,  but he could never love such damaged goods,  no matter how much I want him to.

"I'm sorry about all of that." I blurted.
I could feel my face turning red. Well, as red as it could.  Why am I saying this?

"He thinks you only got athlete deals because Orlean would sleep with the owner or VP of a team."

Kevin just raised an eyebrow,  but started to back out of the parking space and onto the road.