Chapter 13.

"You're a lawyer? " I asked incredibly.
All I saw was an extremely tall, well dressed man with tattoos and his black hair slicked back. He looked more like an Italian gangster in the old movies than a lawyer.

" I'm Marco Adozzi. Yes, I'm a lawyer. " He introduced himself, handing me a card.

" You're a criminal defense lawyer? I'm trying to get my kids back. " I looked at Courtney and wondered what she got me into.

" We don't call him the Calvary for nothing. You'll see. " Courtney said, taking a seat on one of his plush chairs.

" I need you to tell me everything that happened in that courtroom. I need every witness, his lawyer, the judge. I want to get your babies back, but I need you to help me. " Marco stated. He pulled out a notepad and a fountain pen to take notes, and looked at me.

" Do you have kids Marco? " I asked.

" Yes. Matteo and Marcella. Matteo ' s turning 18 this year, and Marcella is 8." He said, beaming with pride as he showed me a picture. They were adorable, and they looked just like their father. Come to think of it, they looked like Chris and Courtney's kids.
And Marco looked like Chris.

" Well, my kids are my life. As much as me and Nathaniel got wrong, our children we got right. I need them back. " I pleaded.

" I promise you, I'll get your babies. I just need you to help me. " Marco said, rubbing my hand.

For the next two and a half hours, I sat and told Marco everything that happened, and then I told him my version of everything that happened with Dante.

" Alright, I think we're done here. " Marco said, standing up. I stood up and got dizzy and nauseous. I barely made it to the trashcan outside of his office before I threw up.

" I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm so embarrassed. " I apologized. This was beyond mortifying.

" It's fine. You just get better for me okay? I'll have my team investigate and we'll get back to you, okay. " Marco rubbed my back and walked me out.

I hugged Courtney , went in my car and headed to my family's plot. I went past my parents graves and sat on Isaiahs.
Isaiah Kai Hill, August 3rd - April 21st. Beloved brother , son and uncle.
The words etched in stone, cold. They didn't say how he was so full of life, how young he was with a bright future ahead of him.

He wasn't even 18 yet. It was a fire at the inner city school he volunteered at. He saved a little girl, went back in for her brother. The brother came out but Isaiah didn't.

We couldn't even identify his body, it was so burnt. We had to use dental records.

I just sat and cried. I have my moments were I miss my parents, but it's been 18 years, I've healed from that. Isaiah though, he was still a baby.

" He died a hero, Imani. " Nathaniel said, coming up beside me.

" He still died." I retorted through my tears.

" I know. I miss him too." Nate said, letting me lean on him.
We just stayed like that, me crying on his shoulder while he held me.

" I don't like seeing my princess cry. " He whispered, kissing my hair. " Let's get out of here. " Nate picked me up and carried me to his car. The drive to his home was quick and quiet. He carried me up to his bed and laid me down, taking off my dress, my bra and my panties.

" I don't like it when my princess is sad. You're too beautiful to be crying." Nate murmured in my ear. " Let me make you feel better. I wanna make you feel good. " He moaned, kissing my stomach, going down and kissing my inner thighs. By the time he kissed me there, I was soaking wet.