Chapter 17.

I let Nathaniel take the kids to London with their nanny,  I had some state side stuff to deal with. 

I called Courtney the night before and set up a little lunch date with Orlean and her.  Maybe Orlean was just pregnant by Winston,  her husband,  and not by Kevin.

Courtney was already sitting down,  sipping water when I arrived.  I was taken aback by her appearance,  though.  For someone who's usually put together and glowing and effortlessly beautiful all the time,  she looked,  normal today. The goddess is now a regular woman.  Her hair was up in a messy bun,  she was wearing a sweat shirt and leggings and converse sneakers.  She was still so pretty,  just not her normal drop dead gorgeous self. 

"Hey,  how are ya?" She asked, rubbing her growing baby bump.  Still her happy,  chipper self.

  Before I could answer,  Orlean showed up in a black shirt dress,  black sandals, black hat and a cute red bag. Her usually blonde hair was jet black and to her ass today.  Brown skin was flourishing in the sunlight.

"Hey. " Orlean said dryly in my direction.  I rolled my eyes.  "Hey mama, how are you holding up?" Orlean asked Courtney,  sitting beside her.

Courtney sighed. "Hunter and Anthony are better now. Andrew is getting better,  but his temperature is still at 100°, Avery is just tired and he's sleeping all day long.   Antonio is still throwing up , Andreas and Haven are the worst.  They're throwing up and have a temperature and everything. " Court finished.  No wonder she looked exhausted,  all 7 of her kids were sick.

"Christian is in California for work,  and right after he left,  the kids got the flu. " Orlean explained. "Mama has been making sure they're better and trying not to get sick herself. "

We sat awkwardly for a while,  me and Orlean glaring at each other and Courtney oblivious.  Maybe my lawyer was right,  Courtney might have been a little ditzy if she couldn't feel all this tension.

"Kevin or Winston?" I asked Orlean after our server bought us glasses of water. 

"Huh?" Courtney looked confused. 

"Ya girl is pregnant,  by Kevin or by Winston?" I filled Courtney in. 

Orlean just smirked.  "If you want to know if Kevin is still fucking me,  re answer is yes. All the time.  Every single time he drops the kids off,  when he picks them up. Parent teacher conferences. Hell,  he even came over because he needed a pacifier for Lia. Know that.  So yeah,  it's his baby? What is it to you?"

Courtney's mouth dropped open. I mean,  for your best friend to admit to fucking your other friends man,  without any remorse is shocking.

"Listen stupid dumb ass hoe,  aren't you married? You need me to screw your husband's brains out? How about I..." I couldn't help myself,  I threw my glass of water all over Orlean. 

"Bitch, you missed. " Orlean yelled before spitting in my direction. 
How disrespectful can one get. 

I started to take off my shoes when I saw a security guard in my peripheral vision. I had about two good shots before they'd drag me away.

"Hey! Hey!"Courtney yelled,  standing up.  "This is ridiculous.  Y'all told me it was a girls brunch I was coming to. And I needed time with both of my friends because I have 7 sick babies at home and my husband is outof the state for the next 2 weeks.  Instead of a fucking break,  I have two grown ass women acting like some damned middle schoolers.  " Courtney yelled,  standing between us.  The entire restaurant got quiet,  even the security guards where standing still.

"Imani, you did screw your friends baby daddy,  and they were together for about 10 years.  That's kinda fucked up.

Orlean,  as I recall,  you gave her your blessing to date the guy. You said they were good  for each other. Going behind her back and sleeping with him is beyond fucked up. Then to rub it in her face is fucking astounding,  do you not have any ounce of shame?

I'm too pregnant and too stressed already to deal with this bullshit y'all got going on over a penis goddamnit. Y'all fighting each other over one guy who got the both of you idiots pregnant at the same time. " Courtney ranted.

Orlean and I stared in disbelief.  I've seen Courtney mad,  I've seen her upset before,  but I've never seen her so furious.  I didn't even think she could get so angry.

Orlean left after Courtney did,  and I left maybe 5 minutes later. I had a lot of time to think about what Courtney said on the drive home. She was right,  why were we trying to fight each other when it should've been us against Kevin.

I started thinking of ways to actually talk to Orlean,  after all,  our children would be siblings now. I barely put my things down in the foyer when my heart dropped.

"I've been waiting on you. " Dante said,  sitting on my living room sofa.  "Come,  sit down.  We're about to have so much fun. " He smiled.