Chapter 13- The Cure

ALEX'S POV

My life is starting to get messed up again. The hunter that came in our town is apparently one of the five who buried the cure, a cure to vampirism. That hunter has a tattoo which leads us to the tattoo. My father heard the story from Aunt Rebekah and has now dagger her . I don't know where he's kept the body but I hope aunt Rebekah is safe.

Stefan wants to find that cure for Elena, he knows that being a vampire is killing her and he wants her to be the old Elena again and so does my father because the sooner he gets his human doppelganger back, the more hybrids he can produce. The only people that know about the cure right now are Stefan, my father, aunt Rebekah and me. I don't know if I'd ever want the cure.

I mean I am where I am because I of who I am but I have always wondered what life would be like as a human, to be in love with someone and to start a family, to grow old with them and to not move after every 20 years because all your friends have aged and you haven't. I think that deep down I would love to have that life.

I was lying on the sofa in the study think about my life when I heard a whisper in my ear "What are you thinking about?" I turned around and saw Damon standing there. "Oh nothing" I said. He picked me up and down where I had rested my head and then rested my head on his lap "Come on, tell me" he said. "Have you ever wondered what your life would be if you were human?" I asked "I haven't actually. I mean I would probably still be on the battlefield fighting for my life and the worst part, I wouldn't have met you if I were human." He said kissing my forehead.

I smiled. "I know but what if you had the option to be human, like there was some cure for vampirism would you take it?" I asked. "No,  I mean I am strong, swift and can easily compel people to get what I want. Would you?" he said "I don't think so" I answered "Why this question all of a sudden?" he asked "Oh it's nothing" I said. "Alex" he said as he looked deeply into my eyes. "I think Stefan should tell you about this" I said "He can but I would like it if you tell me first." He pleaded. I got up and sat upright next to him. "You know the hunter that is in town? He has some kind of a tattoo which he says only a potential hunter can see." "Yes, he thinks Jeremy is one" "So his tattoo most probably leads to a cure, a cure for vampirism." "What?" "And Stefan is trying to look for it for Elena along with my father." "He is what?" Damon was shocked.

"That is why I wanted Stefan to tell you. Just then Damon's and my phone started buzzing, it was a message from Jeremy 'Hunter at Mystic Grill with hostages, They all die at sundown' I showed that message to Damon. "I think we got the same message" he said showing me his phone.

Apparently Stefan and Tyler also got the same message.  Elena , Tyler , Caroline,  Damon and I gathered to make a plan. "So we each take a different entrance, and hit him at the same time." Damon said.  Just then Stefan entered the room. Elena ran towards him and hugged him"What have you been doing?" Damon said "Coming up with a plan" he said. "We already made a plan, I'll rip Connor's heart out." "That's not a plan Connor already has Jeremy and who knows how many other hostages." "Hence the open heart surgery" "Damon's right. Connor's strong but he's not going to be able to take all of us" Elena said.

"Hold on, you're not all going." Stefan said "He shot me like 9 times, if we're killing him then I want in" Tyler said "He's got Jeremy, I'm going" Elena said."Nobody is going anywhere until I figure out what we're walking into. This has has traps we have to be careful of what we're walking into especially if he has werewolf venom" Stefan said. "Does he?" Elena asked "He has had it before" Stefan said. "Don't worry about werewolf venom, I have you all covered for that. Like my father, my blood can heal Werewolf bites too." I said.

"Good, we've got that covered. Now where the hell is the wicked witch of the west?" Damon said. He was reffering to Bonnie. "She cannot do magic" Caroline said "Well call her tell her Jeremy's life is in danger maybe that will bring her out of retirement"  Damon said "Well Damon, don't trouble Bonnie, let her rest. I have got that covered too. I may not be as strong as her but I think I can handle one hunter" I said. Damon looked at me and stormed out. "I'll go check" I said as I got up.

I saw Damon standing outside the house staring at the sky. "What happened Damon?" I said as I kept my hand on his shoulder and asked him to turn around. "I can't put you on risk again Alex." he said grabbing me by my arms. "You won't lose me again Damon. I'm here and I'm all yours" I said as I kissed him "But Alex, Everytime I close my eyes I think about how stupid I was to let you go home that night alone. And you know how it was" he said. I looked into his eyes and could see him a little scared.  "Damon that was about a month ago, I am safe. You saved me. Nothing like that will happen again, trust me." He smiled. "Now let's go save our friend" I smiled. "I love you" he said. "I love you too Damon" I said.

I reached the bar alone and I waited for Stefan, Damon and Elena to come. I saw Stefan coming, "What happened to Damon? And Elena?" I asked. "Well I took Damon's ring and stopped him because he was about to kill Connor and we want him alive" "Damon wouldn't kill Connor." "Yes he would and you know it" "but i told him about the cure, I know he wouldn't" i said "You told him?" "I'm sorry I had to, I couldn't keep something from him and I knew you would tell him too because he's your brother" "I would. But you know Damon. You know he lives by his impulse, if he wants to he will kill someone" Stefan said.

"So what's the plan?" I said "Your father has sent his hybrids, they'll go through the front we'll go through the back. we rushed inside and saw Matt and April standing there and helped them get out. Just then I heard an explosion. I saw that one of the hybrids had glass cuts all over his face and was covered with blood. just then Connor came from behind and was almost about to shoot that hybrid when I used my magic and took the gun from his hands and threw it to the other side of the room. But he had more guns with him so he shot the hybrid with another one. I ran towards one end of the room and Stefan ran towards the other.

Stefan ran around and I think Connor saw him and held Jeremy captive in his hands and started shooting. Luckily Stefan escaped the bullet. "You don't have to do this Connor" Stefan said. "Stefan?" I heard Jeremy's voice. I then noticed that Jeremy was standing on a bomb. "Let Jeremy go!" Stefan said. "Just then I saw Elena entering "Please let Jeremy go" she said "You come any closer and he's dead." Connor said "Elena get out of here" Jeremy said. "He's the only family that I have" Elena said "You hear that your girl is watching" Connor shouted at Stefan "I will shoot the boy right in front of her" he said. "On the count on three. one..." he started. Stefan started standing up. I used my magic to start giving the hunter a migraine.

I knew that I couldn't kill him. He started kneeling down. Just then Elena tackled him. The hunter accidently shot Jeremy in the stomach. Stefan quickly ran towards Jeremy and helped him get up from the bomb. Luckily he was safe. The hunter and Elena were fighting. I quickly ran towards the hunter and tackled him to the ground. Stefan went towards Elena and helped her get up. Just then I felt a wooden stake through my heart. I started choking. I knew that I wouldn't die because of a wooden stake in my heart but it did have some effect. All I saw next was darkness.

I woke up about 3 hours later on my bed with Damon sitting by my side with his hand rested on my head. Caleb and Stefan were standing besides him. "Hey, you're up." Damon said as he took a sigh of relief. "Hi" I said as I tried to sit up. "How are you?" Caleb said. "I'm ok. Have been better" I said. Damon kissed me on my forehead "I'm glad you are ok" I smiled. "What happened with Connor?" I asked. "Umm... Elena killed him" Stefan said. "She what?" I was shocked. "Oh my god. How is she holding up?" I asked. Elena just killed her first victim. She must be miserable. "She is miserable to say the truth" Stefan said "Did she know about the tattoo?" I asked.

"No, and it is good that she didn't. I don't know what she would do if she found out that she killed her chance of being human again" Stefan said. "There will be some other hunter out there" I said. "There might be, but for now there isn't" Damon said. "Now you rest and I guess we'll leave you alone Alex" Caleb said "Yes, see you" Stefan said "Bye, I said as all of them left the room. I don't know why but I still felt some pain in my body, what was happening to me, by now my body should have been all fine but it wasn't. It wasn't that I had stopped healing but it had slowed down.

I had to know what was happening. it wouldn't possibly turn out to be good.

__________________________________________

Elena killed the hunter. What's happening to Alex?

I will upload when this gets around 10 votes because the last two chapters had about 7 votes.

Vote and comment guys I love you all.

Love you all.

Xoxo.