Chapter 22- The Other Side

DAMON'S POV

I was standing in the forest looking for Bonnie when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Alex standing there. "What are you doing here Alex?" I said as I hugged her. "I came looking for you, you were taking a lot of time. I was worried about you" "I'm fine Alex please go inside I don't want anything to happen to you" "Well it is a little late for that" she said 

"What do you mean?" I asked. Suddenly I felt a stake in my stomach. "You see Damon your dear Alex is dead." she said. "Silas. What did you do to her?" "Well, you see Damon she's not dead she's in a deep sleep, I needed her blood to cure myself. She'll be like this until I find my Amara." "Amara?" "She was the only girl I loved, until Amara comes back to life. The day the veil to the other side comes down, Alex will come back to you, the way she originally was, a strong original hybrid" "I will kill you" I shouted. "We'll see about that" she said as she rushed away.

*3 months later*

I found Alex's body lying on the ground with blood drained out of her on that prom night. I can never forgive myself for leaving her alone yet again. I don't know if she will come back to me but I can only hope. Her body is at Klaus' mansion in a glass box to keep her body protected. Our lives have become very difficult ever since Silas has started causing hallucinations, he can be anywhere as anyone and it is dangerous. 

Luckily Stefan and I got Elena's humanity back last week. We killed Matt in front of her and she broke down. Now we have to drop this veil to the other side to bring Alex back, but the biggest problem about that is if the veil goes down, all the supernatural creatures come back to life.

"Damon" I heard Caleb shouting from downstairs. I had not seen him in the past 3 months he had left Mystic Falls. I got up from my bed and walked downstairs "Hi Caleb It's so great to see you" I said sarcastically. Just then I felt a punch on my face. "How could you let this happen again Damon?" He shouted. "I deserve that. But you don't know what I am going through" "She deserves better than you Damon, you left her alone at a school dance again, and now she is dead. Alex should have been here" Caleb was screaming at me "I have always known that she deserves better Caleb but every day I have to spend without her is another day I have wasted. She brings me life. And there is no one on this planet who hates me more than myself for letting that happen to her. But I will get her back Caleb, I can promise you that" I said.

 "So what are you planning to do?" "I..." I was about to say something when my phone started ringing. It was Klaus "What happened Klaus?" I asked. "Well it seems like you friend Bonnie is planning to bring down the veil tonight with the help of Katherine" "Wait... what? How do you know?" "I have my sources." "We have to find them and try to stop them, every supernatural creature we know will come back to life" "But so will Alexandra." "I know Klaus, but we will find another way to bring her back." Every vampire, witch, werewolf I killed can come back and haunt me. "It's been 3 months Damon, it's now or never" "I know Klaus. I will try and look for them but." "Ok Damon, she is my daughter and you better not let anything happen to her. I won't really care if I rip your heart out" he said as he cut the call. 

I went to the hospital as Liz had called Stefan and I to talk about something while Caleb tried to find the location of Bonnie and Katherine. As I walked inside the hospital I saw Stefan standing in the lobby. "Where were you this morning?" I asked "I was with Elena, helping her burning off some hate-filled calories. Ever since she has started going on this hate Katherine road that's all she actually cares about." "Well, that's what happens." "What have you been doing?" "Trying to find a way to get my girlfriend back to life. You know Caleb is back in town." "Really?" "Yes, he just reached today" Just then Liz walked towards us 

"Hey guys. Thanks for coming" she said. We turned towards her. "Why were we invited?" I asked "Well, the hospital has kept the blood bank empty ever since we were raided last month. we thought at the very least it would help keep the vampire population away" "And it didn't?" Stefan asked "See for yourself" Liz said as she asked us to follow her. We walked into a hospital room and saw a girl. She was drained out of blood. "There were 4 other victims in this wing" Liz continued "This must have been Silas" I said 

Just then there were huge winds passing by and the lights went out. I looked outside and whole of mystic falls was out of electricity. "What's going on?" Liz asked. Stefan shook his head. Just then I got a call from Caleb. "Damon, I found Bonnie, she's near the tomb in the forest." he said. "I'll be there as quick as I can" I said as I cut the call. I took my car and  rushed to the tomb. I reached inside the tomb and saw Bonnie performing the spell. Katherine was standing besides her, but she ran away as soon as she saw me. "Bonnie stop" I shouted but she kept on going with her spells. Suddenly all the candles that were lit around her extinguished. "It's done" she said. "Bonnie, what did you just do!" I said  "I completed the spell Damon, everyone is going to be back here. At least for sometime." "Oh My God!"

ALEX'S POV

Suddenly I felt myself trying to catch some breath and I woke up. I opened my eyes and saw my old room, the one in the Mikaelson house. "Hello?" I said. I heard no reply. I was craving for blood. I tried to get out of the  box I was sleeping in. I stood up and went downstairs. I could not see anyone. I stepped outside the house near the highway.

 I was feeling really hungry and was looking for someone to feed. I saw a man walking by. I just walked close to him and compelled him not to scream. I took a bite out of his neck and started feeding. I was really hungry so I accidentally killed him. Just then I realised, I got my powers back. I used my magic and disposed of the body. I was happy that I had finally gotten my powers back. I could be me again. 

"You know it cheating that you have magic, us normal vampires have to actually destroy the body" I heard a voice. I turned around and saw uncle Kol standing with a huge smile on his face. I ran towards him and hugged him. "Wait how are you alive?" "Your friend Bonnie dropped the veil, that is why you are here" "The veil?" "The window to the other side, where the dead supernatural creatures live." "So does this mean that all dead supernatural creatures are back?" "Yes, at least those who did not find peace!" Oh My god! This could mean that all the vampires that I had killed, all the witches they were all going to come back to life.

 "Am I alive right now?" "You are, didn't you know it was your blood which helped lift the veil. So now you will stay here." "What about you?" I asked. "I am here until the veil is dropped, might as well make use of my time here." I smiled. "I have to go look for someone" I said. "I will see you soon" Uncle Kol said as he smiled. "I miss you so much, I will find a way to bring you back" I promised him. I ran towards the Salvatore House in order to look for Damon. I knocked on the Salvatore house door and Stefan opened it. "Alex" he said in a shocked. I smiled. He pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back. 

He invited me inside and offered me a drink. "How are you sitting here?" he asked me. "Well Stefan, I really don't know myself but I got my powers back"  "That's really good, I am glad you're back" he said giving me a glass of bourbon "Where is Damon?" I asked him "Well, he is out looking for you I think" "Then I better go find him" "You should rest Alex, he'll be home" I nodded. "I always wanted to thank  you Alex" he said "For what Stefan?" "For making my brother a better man, before you he was a selfish man who didn't care about anyone but himself, but after meeting you he has changed" I smiled. Just then I heard the door opening.

 I turned around and now Damon standing there. I rushed towards him and he pulled me into a tight hug and kissed me. "I am sorry" he said with a sad look on his face as he started looking away from me. I pulled his face towards my side and looked into his eyes "You have done nothing wrong Damon" I said "I am not good enough for you Alex" he said as he let me go and rushed upstairs. I followed him.

 I knocked on his door. "Damon?" I asked. "I don't deserve you, you should leave me alone Alex" he said. I walked closer towards him "Why are you saying this?" I asked. "You had died Alex and it was all because of me, everything bad that has happened to you is because of him. I am nothing but the monster everyone claims I am" Damon said as he shouted on me. 

I looked at him in shock. I kissed him "Damon, you are anything but a monster. And you didn't ruin my life have made it better. You were there for me when I had lost hope and my whole family had abandoned me so don't think for a second that you have ruined my life Damon. I am yours,  and you are mine." I said. "I like the sound of that" he said with a smirk on his face. I smiled.

________________________________________________________________________________

WELL, ALEX IS BACK. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT? 

I AM GOING TO WRITE A THIRD BOOK!! WHAT DO WANT IT TO BE ABOUT? 

THE NEXT CHAPTER IN GOING TO BE THE LAST CHAPTER OF THIS BOOK, SO LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS!

VOTE AND COMMENT.

Xoxo.