Chapter 21- The Prom

ALEX'S POV

It is the day of the prom, the high school prom. I am actually excited to go, I have been to many high school proms throughout my life but this one will be different. I will be with someone I love.

 Uncle Elijah and Aunt Rebekah are back in town. Katherine gave the cure to Uncle Elijah and now Aunt Rebekah is asking him to give it to her. But I don't think he will. I walked down the stairs to the living room. I saw my father , Uncle Elijah and Aunt Rebekah sitting and shouting. "Well what's this? A family meeting without me?" I said "Come, sit my love. You should also hear about this ridiculous request your aunt has." I went and sat on the nearby couch.

 "Elijah please tell our dear sister that she is out of her mind to think about having the cure" my father turned to Uncle Elijah "Your personal discomfort might not be sufficient for putting the entire world in jeopardy Klaus. I think our sister deserves a shot at happiness" he said. Wait what? Was he going to give her the cure? "Tell me you're joking, you're not fating me to an eternity of torture" My father said "I made my decision" Uncle Elijah said. My father got angry and stormed off "When you're sick and dying and you beg for my blood I will laugh in your face and compel you to forget me" he said to Aunt Rebekah. 

"Where is the cure?" she asked Uncle Elijah "Rebekah it is good that you are impulsive, emotional and at times morally questionable. Prove to me that this isn't just one of your questionable behaviours" he said. "Well good luck with that Aunt Rebekah, I can tell you from personal experience that being this weak and vulnerable is the worst feeling one can have and that is from experience" I said.

 Just then I heard the bell ring. "I'll get that" I said as I stood up and walked towards the door. I opened it and saw Damon standing with a bouquet of flowers and a smirk on his face. "Aww this is so sweet Damon." I said. He kneeled down on one knee and said "Alexandra Mikaelson, will you go to prom with me?" "Of course" I said and I kissed him. 

"I knew that, but I wanted to ask you officially" he said with a smirk on his face. "And that is why I love you" I said as I started making out with him. When I was with Damon I used to forget all the problems that were going on. Everything was perfect for those few minutes. "How is everything? Did Elena get her humanity back?" I asked. "We're trying to. Stefan is taking her to prom so that maybe that could help in getting her emotions back." "I hope so" "I'm so glad Klaus has allowed you to go to prom" "Well, it was a struggle but he finally agreed." "I'll pick you up at seven" he said. 

"I'll be waiting" I smiled. "I love you Alex" "I love you too Damon" I said and he walked away. I closed the door and sighed. Being with Damon was the best thing that happened to me in the last five hundred years. "Nice flowers" I heard Uncle Elijah's voice "Oh thank you" I said. He started smiling. "What?" I asked "Nothing" he said "Come on tell me" I insisted. "It's good to see that at least someone in our family is happy. I like seeing you this happy." he said. "I guess that's what love does" I smiled. 

"Just be careful Alexandra" he said "What? why?" i asked "Just saying don't get yourself in it too deep, you do remember what happened last time?" He said "Damon is nothing like Richard. I know that" I said "I really wish so. No matter how much the Salvatore brothers are against our family, I hope that Damon is always there for you" he said "He will be" I said as I walked upstairs to my room.

 As I started to get ready for the prom in the evening I got a call from Caroline. "Hey Care" "How are you Alex?" "I'm ok. What's going on?" "Elena stole my prom dress" "She did what?" "I went to collect my dress and the lady told me it was gone and when I asked her who took it she couldn't remember it." "Sooo..?" "The vervain is out of the town supply. Elena obviously compelled her to forget" "Ouch, that sucks!" "Can you do me a favour?" "Sure what do you want Care?" "Can you please dig into that old trophy collection of dresses down the ages and give me something I look good in? I want to look hot" I started laughing "Of course Care, I have no problem you can come and pick anything you want from my closet."