Chapter 23- Love or Blood?

ALEX'S POV

I haven't heard from anyone from my family since the day I came back. I have tried looking for them everywhere around mystic falls and even called them but alas, no answer. I know that nothing can ever happen to anyone in my family, we are the Mikaelsons but their absence was really starting to worry me. Tomorrow is the day of the high school graduation. 

I got up and was looking at myself in the mirror. I realised that the scars on my body had gone away. I know that I had my powers back now, but I don't really know if I am me again. Just then I felt two hands around my waist "Hey" Damon smiled "Hi Damon" "You look beautiful" he said as he kissed my shoulder. I smiled. I turned towards him "I still haven't heard from him, I haven't heard from any of them Damon" "Relax, it's Klaus he will be fine. He is always ok" I hugged him. I really hope everyone is ok. 

I walked to the Mystic Falls bar to see if I could find anyone.  The veil was broken till sun-down. Every supernatural creature had come back to life for a day. I knew that I had made a lot of enemies down the line but I didn't care if someone found me. Nothing could hurt more that it possibly had. "Alexandra Mikaelson, what do you think you are doing all by yourself?" I heard a familiar voice behind me. I turned around and saw Caleb standing there. I ran towards him and hugged him. 

"I missed you too" he said. "You know I don't like this Caleb"  "What?" "I hate you.I mean first my family is nowhere to be found and then you keep leaving me all alone, without even telling me" "Well, for my knowledge you were asleep for the past 3 months." he joked. "Well it wasn't really my fault you see" "No, but it was Damon's" "It wasn't his fault Caleb if anyone is to be blamed it is Silas. Where is Silas anyway?" "I think he skipped town. You know it's always Damon who is always at fault. It was him last time as well, he left you and that is why it all started"  "But it wasn't all his fault. Why are you being like this Caleb?". He held my hand "Because I don't want to see you get hurt again."

 I looked into Caleb's eyes "He is not going to hurt me, Caleb. Elena is not affected by the sire bond anymore. I trust him Caleb " "I want to believe you Alex, but if he does anything to hurt you again I swear I will hurt him." he said. "I really hope it will never come to that." I said.

 "So  I heard you are graduating tomorrow." he said "Yes, but I am not really interested in going, maybe because I have graduated like 20 times" I smirked. "Well to you graduating." he said raising a glass. I raised my glass. Can't wait for what is about to happen.

I went back to the Salvatore mansion and saw Stefan and a blonde girl sitting on the couch. "Hey Stefan" I said "Oh Hi Alex, this is Lexi" he said. "Alexandra Mikaelson, the girl who made Damon Salvatore become a 'genuine' person, well he is really better than what he was".  I smiled "It is nice to meet you, Stefan told me about you, you were his best friend" "I always will be" she smiled 

"Thanks for taking care of him and Damon while I am gone" Lexi said "Well, you are here right now. So, you two just relax and catch up. I'll be upstairs" I said. I walked up to Damon's room and saw him sitting on the side of the bed. I sat down right next to him. "Ric found this" he said showing me a small box. "What is it?" I asked "Open it". I looked inside and saw the cure. "Oh my god! What are you going to do  with this Damon?" "I don't know, I was thinking about giving it to Elena, she was the one who really needed it."

 I rested my head on his shoulder. As soon as I did that I heard a soft "Ouch!" I got up. "Damon what is wrong?" "It's nothing." "Will you stop being a baby and tell me what is wrong" I shouted. "It is nothing really" I pulled his shirt off his shoulder and saw a big bruise on it. "Why is it still there?" "Because there was this vampire hunter who still had some beef with me" "And why?" "Maybe because I killed him." he said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes.