Leaving You Soon

I woke up the next morning with the sun blaring in my face. i groaned turning over in my bad and throwing a pillow over my head. I was close to falling back into a deep sleep but my phone began to go off. i groaned once more rolling over and grabbing my phone not daring to look at the caller id or to open my eyes at all.

Iris?

mhm?

uh i just got a call from Jeff... and im supposed to be back in LA by next week.

this woke me up. i threw the pillow off my head and the blanket over my body, sitting up.

you what? whos Jeff? why do you have to leave?

i was genuinely sad. i didn't want Dylan to leave so soon. I just met him for gods sake! why does he have to leave already? more importantly why do all my friends have to live in LA? like seriously i need to move there sooner... i was supposed to go to CalArts when i graduated. but thats not until like another year.

he's the producer of teen wolf. and i have to go back cause i have to film

oh...

it was all i could say. i didnt want him to leave but i didnt want him to know that. i wasnt gonna stop him from leaving.

listen i don't want this to mean anything OK? when i leave you're still gonna text me and call me alright? were still gonna be friends. i dont wanna leave you so soon i mean i just met you. i dont want you out of my life in a flash. i want you to be in my life for a long time, forever maybe i dont even care just please. dont let this break us apart. i wont let it happen. i swear the moment you stop texting im flying out there, im not letting you leave so soon.

i could sense the seriousness in his voice. I nodded my head multiple times but resized he couldn't see me

You promise? Promise you won't forget me?

I promise.

Ok...

I sighed as I got up out of bed and to the closet.

Hey you wanna go to the pier?

No.. I hate sea food... And the smell of it... Ugh it's so gross please don't make me

Dylan laughed on the other line while I got my outfit out of the closet and went over to my record player and got out my Halsey record and put it in but not playing it yet

Ok well what do you want to do?

Uhm you know I'm actually not feeling good today. Can we just have a movie or music day?

Of course. My place or yours?

Yours. My mom doesn't work today and if you come over she'll go crazy

Alright but I am in a hotel with Tyler Mason and Khylin.

Do you have a laptop with you?

Yea why?

Well we own all the Star Wars movies on this thing called Vudu so I was thinking we could watch them all?

My voice had a hopeful tone in it as I sat back down on my bed after turning on the air conditioning.

Alright. I'll send you the address.