Chapter 3

I just sat there on the floor feeling dizzy. I'm not sure if it's from the loss of blood earlier or the fact that Jerome was finnally taken away from my grasp. I knew this day would come, the day he found 'the one' and I would be left behind. I would be forever alone and become the crazy cat guy. As I looked infront of me and saw the mess I sighed. I should clean it up before I will never be able to get it clean. I got up leaning against the wall because I still felt dizzy. I didn't feel this before why does it start now? I thought I bandaged everything correctly so the blood would stop. As I took a step towards my desk I felt a familiar sting in my chest, but I didn't have any cuts there earlier. I quickly took off my shirt to reveil and big cut on my chest over the place my heart is at.

"What the hell?!" I wisper-yell there was nothing there earlier. I didn't even play any hungergames. The only thing I lost was the fight for Jerome's heart... Does that mean my curse got extended to losing with everything instead of only in the hungergames? The world started to spin more and more and everything becames blurry. I tried to get to my chair for support but it rolled away as soon as I leaned on it making me fall.

"Mitch? You alright buddy?" I heard Jerome's worried voice from the kitchen. I tried to call him to help me but I couldn't find the strengt to do so.

"Mitch?" I heard followed by footsteps. I was now panicking, if he comes in here he will find out but if he doesn't I'll propably die.

"J...jerome." I managed to wisper. The blurryness started to fade into darkness.

"Mitch you alright there?" I heard him say after he knocked on the door.

"Mitch? Oh my god MITCH!" I felt his hand on my cheek and shaking me a bit.

"Mitch? Come on Mitch wake up. Stay with me buddy."

"My friend is bleeding and passed out please send help." I heard him say.

"Come on Mitch stay with me buddy. Come on!" After that it all got dark and everything disapeared. I woke up again to the sound of steady beeping. I looked to my side after my vision cleared and saw Jerome sleeping in one of those uncomforable hospital chairs. I saw paper laying on the table next to my bed and grabbed it making a ball and throwing it at his head. He woke up with a jolt and looked around confused.

"Mitch? Oh Mitch!" He says running to my bed and hugging me.

"What the hell happend to you? Did you cut yourselve? The doctors found several other scars and a couple big cuts all over your body. Please Mitch tell me you didn't do that to yourselve." He says rambeling with worry laced in his voice.

"Calm down Jerome, I'll explain everything to you I promise."