Chapter 4

Jerome pushed me into our house and helped me out of the wheelchair and onto the couch. The doctors said that because the last cut was so close to my heart it's very dangerous and I'm not allowed to do any sort of exercise and have to rest. Jerome sat next to me after he made sure I was comfortable.

"So explain." He says.

"Well. A while ago, one month after Seto got kicked out of the team to be specific, I noticed I had this kind of curse."

"What kind of curse?"

"Everytime I lost a hungergames in minecraft I would get a cut. At first I didn't make anything of it, they where just scratches and I never really noticed when they had apeared. I thought I just accidently hit something sharp without noticing. With every time I lost they got worse though. I soon relized what was causing the scratches but by then they had turned into cuts. Now they're big gashes and it's only getting worse."

"Only when you play hungergames?" He asked. I bit my lip and looked down.

"When?" He asked in a demanding tone.

"I'm not one hundred percent sure but recently I also got a cut when I lost something else other then the games. But it has only happend once so I'm not completely sure."

"Oh god." He says placing his head in his hands.

"Why would you keep playing the hungergames if it kills you?! Why wouldn't you tell me so I could protect you!"

"That's exactly why I didn't tell you. I didn't want you to worry about me. I didn't want you to see me as some weakling that needs protection. I didn't want you to find out because I knew you would try and make me stop playing the hungergames, but I can't Jerome. If I quit playing the games I'll lose all my subs, I'll lose my job, eventually I'd be broke and I wouldn't have anything left."

"You would have me."

"I can't stay with you for the rest of my life Jerome. You said it yourselve Louise is the one for you, you'd eventually marry her, start a family and live happely ever after and I would be left behind." I felt like crying saying this outloud but I managed to keep it in.

"Is that how you feel? You really think I would leave you behind?"

"You won't mean to. It will just happen I know it will." I say finally looking in his eyes to see a combination of hurt and worry.

"You could've gotten a diffrent job." He says in a soft voice. I look back down at my hands.

"What job? I don't have any degrees, I've never done a serious job in my life! Nobody would want me." I don't know why I suddenly felt so depressed, lonely and most importantly useless. I made Jerome worry about me, he had to take care of me and I couldn't even comply to his requests because I'm just stupid and never went to school.

"Can you just give me a moment Jerome? I need to think." He nodded and walked out. As soon as he walked around the corner a tear fell down my cheek. He really cares about me. I shook my head. Don't get you hopes up Mitch he has Louise.