Chapter 8

- Mitch

"Keep fighting. Please." I heard a familiar voice through the darkness.

"Hello?" I asked. But noone replied.

"Mitch please. I don't know if I'll get the chance to tell you this again. But you didn't lose me, biggums. I'll always come back to you. Please Mitch. I love you." The last part was wispered.

"Jerome?" I questionned. He's the only one that calls me biggums, and that voice sounded like him.

"Mitch, Jerome is freaking out. He needs you. He's lost without you." Is that Preston?

"Mitch please you need to wake up. Me and Louise broke up because I'm spending too much time here with you. I miss you so much. Please, I love you." Oh Jerome, I want to come back to you too. If I just knew how.

"They're gonna pull the plug, please Mitch you need to wake up. I can't live without you. I'm sorry I got angry. I love you, I now relise that. Please, please wake up Mitch." What does he mean pulling the plug? Am I on life support?! That means I'm in a coma, how long have I been here? It just feels like hours.

"I'll miss you Mitch." I heard Jerome's voice and then soft lips where pressed on my forehead. No, no, no they can't give up on me yet. I have to see Jerome one more time atleast. Everything started to become really bright.

"No! Jerome!" I yell running away from the light towards all the voices. They got louder with every step I took but the light also came closer with every step.

"Nooo!" I yell as the light engulfed me. I felt something soft on my back and something was layed over me. The sound of steady beeping came from my side and soft voices became more and more clear.

"Shouldn't, shouldn't it be over by now?" Jerome's shaking voice asked someone.

"He's fighting it. He really is strong, but we can't predict if he'll win the fight." An unfamiliar voice said.

"But if he's able to live without live support he can stay right?" Jerome asked, hope clear in his voice.

"Yes he get's a bit more time as long as he can live on his own. But it will all depend on the next minutes." I then heard someone leave and the soft thing, propably a bed, under me dip a bit. I felt a hand being placed on my cheek.

"I know you can win this fight Mitch." Jerome said.

"Jerome." I try to say.

"Mitch?" I feel like he leans a little over me.

"Did you say someting?" HE HEARD ME.

"Jerome." I try to say again. I'm now trying to open my eyes. Soon a small beem of light blinded me so I closed my eyes again. When I tried to open them again someone was leaning over me. When my vision cleared I saw Jerome with tears in his eyes but smiling.

"Mitch!" He says leaning down and hugging me tight.

"Jerome." I say in his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry. I missed you so much. This is all my fault." He says sitting back up.

"It's not Jerome." I say placing my hand on his leg.

"It could never be your fault." He sadly smiled at me.

"Mitch."

"Yes?"

"I relized something while you where out."

"What is it?" I ask already having a feeling what he's going to say. He leans down a bit.

"I love you." He says right before kissing me.