Beside You

She expected it to happen when Nico dragged her to a familiar place.The red head can't really escape the reality,she can't escape her nightmares.

"Maki-chan,can you play?'' Nico tilt her head as she step closer to the shaking crimson haired.She patted her head,noticing Maki's changing behavior.Thinking,it might calm the red head.

The raven haired was not used to seeing the girl in front of her like this,she don't like seeing her like this.This situation was like their conversation on the phone before and it really pisses the raven haired.She don't want to see Maki crying or being this weak that it made her shake just by saying words,Maki should be strong,that nothing can make her made that sorrowful,bitter look.She don't want to push further,But.

But she must,so that,the girl in front of her could overcome her weaknesses or bigger troubles that might occur in the red head's future.

Nico had already overcome her other weaknesses,but of course,there's still some that you can just solve when the right time comes,and it's not yet now so the raven haired built patience and decided to wait for it.

She must push the crimson haired to face her weaknesses,even if that takes the risk of the raven haired being hated by Maki.She just can't take it while looking at Maki whose obviously full of troubles in her everyday life,since the crimson haired honestly told her,her troubles.It's rare to hear Maki being honest so she took that time,that time to finally help her,because Maki needed someone by her side,Nico thought.

After some time,the red head finally spoke,breaking the building intense atmosphere.''I-I get it.'' She look at Nico as she removed her hands off of the crimson haired.

She breath in,and out.The raven haired smile,encouraging Maki through expressions.Now facing the piano behind her,the crimson haired fix herself,calm herself and sat down on the piano's dark chair.

She relaxed her fingers as she put them on top of the piano's tiles.Thinking of a song to play,suddenly an idea came up,she decided to play the song that she,herself composed.The crimson haired remember perfectly the right notes in that song,because it's her favorite and it was the first song she played when she step in to this school ground.

She remembered those days as she started to hit the notes.The entrance ceremony where she hurridly dash,finding the music room to play the piano,the times when she's looking for ideas for her composition.And those heart warming times when she played it,but then,she also remember those times that something made her heart sunk,when her father forbid her to play the piano because of the low score she got on test.

As she started to think about the negatives,she hit the wrong note,again,and again,until Nico patted the crimson haired shoulder to calm her as cold tears start to flow out of her eyes.Maki stopped her playing and put her hands down her lap,rubbing her eyes,
trying to cover her face.

"Maki-chan,it's okay,can you continue playing?'' The raven haired calm the red head down by softly patting the back of the trembling pianist.Even if she hated seeing her like this,she can't complain for now,she need a little more push,a little more push for her to burst her feelings out.

Nico started to move and sat beside the crimson haired on the chair.She held Maki's hand and stop them from hiding her face.The raven haired look at her,as she saw Maki's eyes,they were red and drench in tears that continue to fall.

The raven haired smile and rubbed the other's eyes to prevent the tears from falling.''Don't cry,Maki-chan.''

The crimson haired stayed silent because she don't want to talk stuttering from her sobbings.She removed Nico's hand off of her and compose herself.

"I'm beside you,so,keep on playing?'' The raven haired grabbed the crimson haired's hands,even if she tries to slip it away,she didn't let go.

When Maki nodded and replied,the raven haired smile,thanking the crimson haired as she let go of her hands.

She hit the first note,Nico started to hum following the crimson haired's melody.The pianist tried to manage herself without hitting the wrong note.

When the song was about to finish,the raven haired started to blurt out words rhythimically in the last stanza of the song.But unexpectedly,the two sang the last stanza in unison.

Saa!
Daisuki da banzai!
Makenai yuuki Watashitachi wa ima wo tanoshimou
Daisuki da banzai!
Ganbareru kara Kinou ni te wo futte Hora mae muite....

When the song ended,the crimson haired just noticed that she's not the only one singing.Nico knew the song,and it surprised her as questions continiously popped up in her head.

Confused,Maki started to ask.''H-How?'' But the only question that she manage to ask was this word.Unable to take the surprising events.The crimson haired knew that for sure,she was the only one who knew the lyrics even the melody,because she composed it personally,privately.

Before the crimson haired ask another amount of questions,the bell rang signaling that lunch break is over and next class was about to start.

Nico stood up before the red head.She opened the door.''It's a secret~♪'' Nico step out an closed the door leaving Maki dumbfounded.

Forgetting before's feelings as she's now feeling refreshing new,she also went to her respective classroom.

Class started as it ended faster than usual.The red head's things are already fix and ready to go home,but changed her mind,decided that before going home,she'll check the music room once more.Without hesitations,she dash through the halls and to the room she felt safe.

She opened the door and was welcome with the familiar wind that always surprise her,and by the person she thought will surely come.

"Nico-chan...'' she muttered,that only the other person can heared.The raven haired was in a chair that was tuck on the walls of the music room,Nico's eyes were closed,her lips was slightly open,she's sleeping.

She didn't woke the raven haired but sat beside her and held the book she's supposed to finish.She look at the girl's sleeping face,thinking it was cute,the crimson haired started to blush.She tried to avoid looking at Nico's face,but looked anyway.She stared at the girl for a while.Muttering gentle words to the raven haired whose sleeping.''Thank you...'' The crimson haired smile.

After she said that,she shifted her attention to the book she's holding,yet still wondering how did Nico knew about the song she wrote.

She's grateful to the raven haired who pushed her to play the piano and drag her to the music room.Now,she's not scared anymore,she's still feel bitter in other things,but it feels like another stone had been lifted on her shoulders.Another obstacle that she passed,and it feels like she can do anything,with the raven haired around.She think that she can't do it alone after all.But if she's with Nico,everything will be alright,as she once said.

Remembering what Nico said last night and before.''Everything will be okay,huh.'' The crimson haired smiled.