Confession

After the raven haired answered Maki's curiousity,Nico stared at her as she waited for the crimson haired's reply.

While the crimson haired just stared back,not expecting those words coming from Nico.As if her mind we're playing tricks on her,she can't take those main three words out of her head.

She's definitely thinking over it,and as those words repeated inside her mind,the first thing that she realized was her heart skipping a beat.The sudden irregular heartbeat,Maki experienced were not uncommon when she's around her petite senior.But this time,she noticed that they are a bit different than before.

Maki,with confused feelings,the unsure words came out of her mouth.''Y-Yeah..I-I love you too,o-of course...'' She faintly smiled as it technically become a smirk,she didn't intended to.She don't really know what Nico means when she said the word 'I love you'. "Be-Because we're n-now B-BestFriends,right?'' She stuttered.She doesn't know what kind of 'I love you' her senior means.So,she decided to go to a 'safe route',that she thought would be really safe and will maintain their current relationship.

Nico's lit up face turn into a smile as she faked her laugh,she put her hands on her back as she scratches her hair.''Y-Yeah...You m-might be right...''

When the raven haired answered with this,Maki thought that she might be right and tried to clear her mind but didn't work.Disappointed,she faced the ground for a second,unsure what was the heavyness in her heart.

Then she looked back up at Nico's face,that she didn't want to look right now.Maki noticed the crystal clear tears forming up at the raven haired's eyes.Nico's lips are in her usual smiley face but her brows and eyes doesn't seem matched it.

Maki widened eyes as she saw the raven haired breaking into a cry.She suddenly come to her aid,took a hold at Nico's shoulder with a worried look.

"W-What happened?!'' The crimson haired doesn't want to hear the other girl's cry,but doesn't really know what is happening right now.

"I-I'm sorry,I...'' Nico tried rubbing her eyes as she stopped herself from blabbering for a while.''I,I d-don't want to ruin our relationship,but...''

"I-I mean that i-in a romantic way,you idiot!'' The raven haired yelled as she continued to cry.

Without a reply for a few minutes,Nico came to a decision.She stood up and exit the whole mansion,leaving Maki at a daze,staring at the spot,Nico was on minutes ago.

Now,the crimson haired understand what that confession means.The heavyness inside before has long disappeared.Her heart started to beat,a lot faster than it did,that it's almost hard to catch up.Still,those feelings are warm and true,that Maki would be happy to if she'll be able to experience them everytime.And that only occurs when she's with Nico.

As she heared a thunder roar,Maki snapped from her daze.She look around to find that she's alone in the room.She quickly go out and come to a conclusion.She called for her but no answer.She didn't mind if her parents are home because surely they're already sleeping and the walls are sound proof,so they wouldn't hear a single shout from their daughter.

Maki decided to go out and was welcomed by the strong rain that already made her clothes wet.''It's raining hard...'' Without hesitation,she run through the rain and dashed to where her feet might brought her.

She's sure that she's heading the right way,to the park that became their rendezvous,everytime they walk to school together.

Maki was huffing,her whole body was already wet because of the rain.She arrived,and she saw her.Nico was siting at some bench,her hair isn't tied in her usual twintail and her clothes are wet.

Even if it's raining,the crimson haired knew that right now,Nico is crying like before.She decided to call her.

"N-Nico-chan!'' A lot more louder than the falling rain,hearable by the other girl.She flinched when she's called as she turned around to see the huffing crimson haired.

Nico suddenly dashed out of Maki's sight in this heavy rain.Without second thought,the crimson haired chased her down,even if she's already tired from before's running.But Maki is on advantage her,she's fast at running,because of her long legs.

"N-Nico-chan,w-wait!'' She called but the raven haired ignored it and continue to run away from her.Even if Maki has an advantage,she's still lacking stamina.Her breathing got ragged.

"N-Nico-chan,please hear me out first!'' She shouted her remaining breath and stopped to her foot as she tried to find air again.

The raven haired stopped for a while and turned around.''W-What do you w-want to say..?!'' Nico's voice is as ragged as the crimson haired,that atleast Maki could hear.

"I,don't really understand!'' Maki started as she managed to regain her breathing.''E-Everything that you said earlier!'' The crimson haired said.

"I-If you don't understand,just don't try to anymore and leave me alone!'' The raven haired talked back as she was about to run away again.But Maki catched up to her and grabbed her hand,as thightly as she must not let go.

"I,I'm not done talking yet,Nico-chan!'' She yelled.Nico stopped from her movements.

"W-When you said that you love me,my heart started to beat faster than before when I am with you,and even now its really beating like crazy that it almost hurt.I should hate this kind of feeling,I should be...'' Maki started getting emotional as her cheeks turned red,even if it's not visible because of the pouring rain,the raven haired knew she was crying.

"B-But everytime I felt like this,somehow,I'm really happy.This warm feeling welling up inside my chest,the different happiness when I'm always by your side that's unique from any other.I,honestly like it!''

After Maki said that,the raven haired just stared back with visible blush,like what Maki did back at the mansion.''M-Maki-chan..?''

"It really made me happy when you said you love me!'' The crimson haired hiccuped as she released her hold of the senior's hands.''So,Can you say that once again?!''

Nico's face lit up again,her face is all red as her tears continue to fall.She nodded and hum in agreement.''I love you.'' She started.

In the middle of the park,they stood.Maki nodded as her tears fell from her cheeks.

"I love you..!'' Nico repeated as she hold on the crimson haired's hand.''I love you!'' She said again with confidence which made Maki felt delighted as she repeated the main three words of what the two are feeling.

"I love you,Maki-chan!'' Nico straightly look at the girl in front of her,in tears,she smiled.

"I-I wonder if this is what you called 'Love'?.'' Maki asked as she rubbed Nico's cheeks.''There's no mistaking it,is there?'' She asked as she held the girl's cheeks and joined her forehead with hers.''T-This,is the first time I f-fell in love with someone,and I'm glad that,that 'someone' is y-you.''

"M-Maki-chan,I-I'm happy...!'' Nico smiled as she held the crimson haired's face back.''And I really want to kiss you right now!''

"K-K-K-Kiss?!'' Maki flinched as she's back with her stubborness.'This isn't the time for that.' She thought as she nodded,with a blush on her cheeks.

The two held each other's face closer and closer until their lips met.Even if it's raining hard,it didn't stop the two from their actions and from falling deeper inlove.

When they separated their lips from one another,the two looked into each other's eyes for a while as Maki said her words with a tint of redness in her face.

"I Love You Too,Nico-chan.''

The two smiled as they decided to head back to the house.The rain stopped as they walk together.Their hands entwined tightly to their love.